To protected for Swinton insurance!

Biot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well, this is a first for me. I, like many on here I suspect have fitted the odd crash bung/head light protector/spot lights etc to their bike.
I have but Swinton can't quote me as 3 of my mods are on their list of 16 modifications they don't like, so that means no quote. If you have 3 or more items fitted that are on their list then game over. I explained to her that all of my mods apart from the aftermarket silencer are fitted to protect the bike. She agreed but said the underwriter's make the rules.
Needless to say I've raised a complaint.:D

Just take off the air bags :thumby:

Just had to go through an underwriter at Motorcycle Direct on Friday as removing one bike and adding another to a multibike policy needs their consent, but they dont work Bank Hollidays so I had to wait till today to call again for approval.I now have a "multibike " policy with shared NCD for four bikes with three differnt end dates on it :blast

I find it more helpful, if you call them manufacturers options and dealer fitted options rather than modifications another phrase to use, is I've upgraded my suspension; rather than I've fitted a new pair of Ohlins = modified to them.

I also give them pages upon pages of upgrades, that way they can't be arsed looking at all of it, yet they've been notified.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Yea had that today on changing a bike with side cases and top box as manufacturers standard for this version...... Hmm theyre not on my list of upgrades,whats the estimated value?......How do I know theyre part of the sale value!

Anyhow yes any more than three and its flaky if they will insure you

Back
Top Bottom