• Back Wheel Disc

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Never Use One

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

J.R.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I was reading an interesting take on motorcycle security from an ex-thief (if you can be 'ex') where the advice was to fit Disc Locks to the rear wheel discs, thereby making the bike more difficult to move...... Up until today I have always attached mine to the front :augie

So, as per the title, where do you fit yours?

J

Front, only because the dayglow curly thing is attached to the clutch lever, acts as a reminder. if on the rear I would forget :blast But your 'ex' thief mate may also tell you about the 'lift rea rear wheel onto skate board slide nearer van then lift' method. so front easier and visible

Front, only because the dayglow curly thing is attached to the clutch lever, acts as a reminder. if on the rear I would forget :blast But your 'ex' thief mate may also tell you about the 'lift rea rear wheel onto skate board slide nearer van then lift' method. so front easier and visible

Ditto,

but i also have a U lock through the rear wheel swing arm as well

Depending ôn the type of disc lock you will find that you soften can't fit it to the rear disc anyway. Cheap mini disc locks and small mini u locks are ok but if you have something big like an Abus Granite then it's front wheel only :thumb

Whichever you do, fix it beside the caliper so that when you eventually do ride off, the wheel only rotates a small amount.
After 7 years or so..... DAMHIK
:beerjug:

Depending ôn the type of disc lock you will find that you soften can't fit it to the rear disc anyway. Cheap mini disc locks and small mini u locks are ok but if you have something big like an Abus Granite then it's front wheel only :thumb

Yep thats why I got anti pinch pin and chain for rear wheel, could not find anything to fit rear wheel disc of 2017 1200GS

I live in London so it's a disk lock on both wheels, chain, alarm and a prayer.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom