Visiting Alton Hampshire

Never go to Loomies unless you want to shit through the eye of a needle for the rest of the day, it is a fucking dump.

The Departure Lounge is nice and Lasham Airfield probably the pick of the bunch, plus you get to stand right next too the grass runway and watch the gliders being winched, towed and landing. Good crowd at both.

I don't understand what the attraction is with Loomies. The food is utter shit, and the place is full of reprobates most of the time.

We went to Loomies, very nice breakfast bap. Good choice of food. Rode back to Cardiff with mate grinning like a Cheshire Cat on his XR.

Glad you had good weather... Hope you took the A272 then across country via Salisbury etc rather then M4?

The Golden Pheasant next door used to do good grub

They won't even let Bahnstormers' customers use their car park for a fee nowadays. Used to be £1 to park there.

My Wife and I parked there in the past, hopped over to Bahnstormer, not had an issue. Food is very good indeed. Loomies is a biker cafe, a bit like Ace Cafe in London. Not my scene personally, but liked by many. If Loomies is closed, then try a pub (can't remember the name) diagnaly (the other side of traffic lights) over the road.

Beware of the cops and camera vans on that stretch and many other roads about. it is a popular biker playground, including BVG.

agree,departure lounge much much better or lasham

Id rather ride home than stop at Loomies, in order of preference

Departure Lounge
Lasham Airfield
Station cafe

Loomies

Loomies moto cafe -

7 miles - 10 minutes down the road ...

Watch out for the paparazi ;) popular area all round there

If you enjoy eating crap.

Cafe at Alton railway station is good.

:thumb2:thumb

Loomies is a good bet or go a bit further you have micks monster burgers in Portsmouth

A good bet for what ?

They won't even let Bahnstormers' customers use their car park for a fee nowadays. Used to be £1 to park there.

Parking is free for pub customers.
Why would you expect them to encourage the business next door to fill their car park rather than their own customers ?

We went to Loomies, very nice breakfast bap. Good choice of food.

Your standards must be low.

Never go to Loomies unless you want to shit through the eye of a needle for the rest of the day, it is a fucking dump.

I don't understand what the attraction is with Loomies. The food is utter shit, and the place is full of reprobates most of the time.

The attraction is a complete lack of quality in any of the food on offer.
And even the most basic of food is appallingly cooked.

Parking is free for pub customers.
Why would you expect them to encourage the business next door to fill their car park rather than their own customers ?

I wouldn't. I was simply providing information.

Back
Top Bottom