Anyone bought a new Macbook Pro recently?

I replaced my top of the range Lenovo (6+yrs solid service) with the top of the range MacBook in February..........

Lovely piece of kit, but iOS .................... Jeez! It is bloody frustrating!

I have parallels/Win10 on it, but of course - that is a lot more power-hungry.

Al
Why?:nenau

Find someone who works in Education, or a student. Take them with you to an Apple Store, get them to show their ID and receive a few hundred ££ discount. And you get AppleCare.

Because it is running windows, I assume. Same reason windows machines have worse battery-life than iOS machines.

Again you post the minimum troll, then later you will return with what any normal person would have put in the first post.

You get people to commit to reasons, then pick apart their posts.

Because it is running windows, I assume. Same reason windows machines have worse battery-life than iOS machines.

Again you post the minimum troll, then later you will return with what any normal person would have put in the first post.

You get people to commit to reasons, then pick apart their posts.
No idea what you're on about.

The 'why' referred to why are you running Parallels?

Find someone who works in Education, or a student. Take them with you to an Apple Store, get them to show their ID and receive a few hundred ££ discount. And you get AppleCare.

Pretty much what I did a couple of years ago.

Daughter was at Uni' and her boyfriend actually worked for Apple. She could get a MacBook Pro + three years Apple care cheaper than he could.

I wouldn't usually buy an extended warranty for anything, but the deal she got was so good that I went for it.

Due to the retina screen delamination issue I'm glad that I did.....;)

Just bit the bullet and placed my order ..... literally 5 minutes ago and it'll be delivered TOMORROW!

13" Space Grey
Touch Bar and Touch ID
3.5GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz
16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
512GB SSD
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
Backlit Keyboard - British
Accessory Kit
Force Touch trackpad

Just bit the bullet and placed my order ..... literally 5 minutes ago and it'll be delivered TOMORROW!

13" Space Grey
Touch Bar and Touch ID
3.5GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.0GHz
16GB of 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
512GB SSD
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650
Four Thunderbolt 3 ports
Backlit Keyboard - British
Accessory Kit
Force Touch trackpad

Nice spec.:thumb

What did they charge for that?

Nice spec.:thumb

What did they charge for that?

£2400 :eek:

The Macbook that I'm currently typing on is 9 years old and has been literally FLAWLESS. It's just about run out of spec to run the latest OS and it's started to get hot when I charge it. Time for it to retire gracefully.
If the new one returns the same sterling service then it's a bargain! :thumb

The Macbook that I'm currently typing on is 9 years old and has been literally FLAWLESS. It's just about run out of spec to run the latest OS and it's started to get hot when I charge it. Time for it to retire gracefully.

Worth it though :thumb

You can change the battery for about £50 to stop the heating issue.

Back
Top Bottom