Goodbye Boxer Twin.....Hello L Twin

J.R.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've deliberated long enough. As much as I have enjoyed riding the WC Adventure bikes it's now time for a change.

In a months time I will be jumping on my new steed, the mighty Multistrada Enduro Pro :bounce1

(Just in time to cover it with ACF50 and watch it depreciate in the garage!)

It will be in an interesting experience dipping in to the world of Ducati for the first time.

Attachments

• 2017-Ducati-Multistrada-1200-First-Look-Fast-Facts-2.jpg
    2017-Ducati-Multistrada-1200-First-Look-Fast-Facts-2.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,124
brilliant bike, congrats

It will be in an expensive experience dipping in to the world of Ducati for the first time.

Fixed for you :aidan

I'm just pulling your leg; enjoy it, looks great.:thumb

That looks awesome, I've tried the standard Enduro and even though it was only on road it was fabulous.

I'd love to know what you think about the enduro pro low screen as the only criticism I had of the enduro with the larger screen was the noisy wind (but the lower screen may mean the air is cleaner and quieter).

I'm 3 years and 23,000 miles into Ducati Ownership with nothing but praise to say about the product and dealers. Also its been scientifically proven that Ducati riders are more attractive to the opposite sex than BMW drivers.

RBW.

Ok not scientifically, but we all know its true :p

Very nice looking motor....didn't know they had brown in their colour schemes ;)

Thanks guys, I'll post some pics when I get my mitts on her! :thumb

Okay so first service now completed and with 600+ miles under my belt over the last few weeks.

Positives
I like the look of the bike.
The handling is very sharp and she feels well balanced.
Power on tap after 5000rpm is plentiful, actually it's like firing up the afterburners, she really goes.
The knobbly tyres are really very good on tarmac (Scorpions I think) and stick well in to the corners.
The display from the TFT dash is really good and settings menu easy to navigate.
The lights are very powerful and get you noticed (in a good way).

Negatives
The gearbox is not the smoothest and I have suffered from the odd false neutral going through fifth gear. In itself not the worst issue but a nagging doubt.
The riding position is a little cramped compared the the GSA.
The seat, and this is the biggest fault for me, is a nightmare. It is narrow, too scalloped/shaped and whilst you sit well in to the bike I just didn't find it at all comfortable, and after half an hour my tailbone was crying out for a rest. There are aftermarket seats which may cure this to some degree, but they won't (as yet) be in the same 'sand' colour scheme.

I really wanted to like this bike, but we just don't get on. So........ decided to take a big hit and ordered a new GSA rally over the weekend :comfort

Attachments

• Ducati4.jpg
    Ducati4.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 890
Probably the best bike I have ever ridden. An exiting riding experience but on a second test ride droning around 2 up it wasn't as nice as a GS.
A great bike for fast riding i think. Them boxes are massive, give me Varios every time.
GLWS, I think i would have given it a good spanking the Spain and back before flogging it.

I wasn't expecting that ending - I bought a Triumph Scrambler earlier this year - 900 miles in I knew it wasn't for me... chopped it in for a R1200 Scrambler X much better - sometimes you have got to bite the bullet - Bet it hurt though...

Sounds like he has already traded it in for the GS?

I wasn't expecting that ending - I bought a Triumph Scrambler earlier this year - 900 miles in I knew it wasn't for me... chopped it in for a R1200 Scrambler X much better - sometimes you have got to bite the bullet - Bet it hurt though...

Yes, the deed has been done, Adventure Rallye TE ordered, and yes it wasn't without a modicum of pain :(

What a shame.
If the Ducati hasn't gone to he dealer in part ex yet...bang it for sale on here. free...and you never know, you may get a few extra quid and some fellow gets a decent buy without he main dealer price mark up...just a thought

Sorry to hear you didnt get on with it but I'm impressed with your decisiveness ! That seat 'looks' really comfy, but get your point about how scalloped it is, its one of those things a shortish test ride isnt going to inform.

Didn't you realise Ducati's are to be endured and any pain is purely character and a part of the ownership process :aidan

On the plus side you avoided a valve clearance service.

RBW.

Took the Multistrada enduro for a test ride found it to be an absolute beast to go ! Light and very short turning circle but it felt plastic and cheap in comparison to the bmw and I am sure it would depreciate faster than a rat up a drain pipe 🤠the very best of luck with your new bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodbye L Twin.......Hello Boxer

Deal done, said goodbye to the Multi :tears (I will miss that 160HP grunt)

New GSA now broken in and I'm very happy with it. Some subtle improvements on the latest iteration which is all good. The TFT screen is okay, not as comprehensive as the Multi, but the phone/sat nav functions are decent, and work well with the System 7 lid.

Stuck one of them there Remus 8 cans on, and I am not disappointed. Great looking can with a lovely deep note and burble which brings a smile....:thumb2

Attachments

• R1200GSA Rallye TE 1.jpg
    R1200GSA Rallye TE 1.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 465
  • R1200GSA Rallye TE 3.jpg
    R1200GSA Rallye TE 3.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 480

Back
Top Bottom