What is Pinlock

Why can't double glazed visors be made. Factory sealed so there is no faffing about with badly fitted seals and cams ?

Anyone know why this niche hasn't been filled ?

Done properly, most bikers would buy one I'd of thought. I would, even though my pinlock works perfectly.

I only buy Shark helmets. Every one I've ever had has had a visor with an anti-mist coating, even the 'illegal' black ones, as long as they're genuine Shark. No misting, ever. Odd thing is, most Sharks now come with Pinlock fittings.....on visors that have anti-mist treatment! I eMailed them to ask why - 'marketing', apparently, customers 'expect' Pinlock compatibility these days! :confused:

Pete

Just to add my twopence worth
I have had a few helmets with pin lock fitted , I found they work OK for a while, then they seem to degrade as the exposed surface seems very easily marked .
What I have been using this year with great success is
Rain x plastic , Scotland to the Nordkapp n back , some very wet days , just crack the visor a wee bit ,the water simply sheds from outside and inside :thumb2

Going to get a wee test again on Friday as it looks like 500 miles of rain down to Folkestone :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom