Is this some kind of record? Devitts demand increase of only 3,117%......

NeilG

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Friday morning e-mail announcing renewal premium from Devitts - £10,009.00

Last year was £321.10, so this equates to an increase of 3,117%

A mistake? On my first call the receptionist there was initially unwilling to state that there had been an error - sticking to the quoted cost, only when pushed did she go away to take advice and then admit that it was 'in error'.

This morning another quote came through for a 'reduced' increase of only 10% - £353.17.

Long-standing customer (thirteen years), exemplary record, clean licence, bike locked in overnight in relatively safe rural area. Speaking with another receptionist this morning, response was 'sorry for the error - take it or leave it'.

Feel that the 'error' was to soften up for an increase - unjustified? - the cars' premiums haven't increased so why this?

Great customer service, they couldn't give a ****!

Neil

Attachments

• Devitts renewal.jpg
    Devitts renewal.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 476
Ask for deadlock letter then report the bastards to the fca, it is the third paragraph about taking into account any changes that matters.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Could have made a hole in your current account had you not noticed before the auto-renewal.

think yourself lucky that they didn't do it on autorenewal

The underwriter of Devitt's Motorrad scheme, ERS, has - like NIG, Cornhill, Allianz and whoever before them over the years, pulled out of offering rediculously low premiums to bikermates. Why? Well, if I had to guess they have been burnt. It happens and it will happen again.

Time to get busy on the phone... you know the target to beat and every penny counts. Thankfully, it's still a consumer lead market, where the buyer (at least for now) is king. Do your worst to the dumb fuckers in the chimp farms, I do whenever possible.

Could have made a hole in your current account had you not noticed before the auto-renewal.

Nah, he'll claim he never received any renewal terms; the fuckers just went and did it. Cnuts, the lot of them.

My baked beans have risen in price by 10% since last year, why ? i'm a long standing loyal customer, buying the same brand from the same shelf at the same time every week.
It's bloody outrageous.

Nothing to do with the disadvantaged young gentlemen that steal....its all the fault of those daft biker c u n t s who dont use security; heh wapping?

My baked beans have risen in price by 10% since last year, why ? i'm a long standing loyal customer, buying the same brand from the same shelf at the same time every week.
It's bloody outrageous.

Fecking rip-off pan-global multinational companies, hitting the honest working man in his pocket. The sooner we introduce strict border controls the better.

Back
Top Bottom