Dead DRZ

RPMDAKAR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time & effort resurecting a DRZ 400S from total oblivion, replaced engine, it started on the button, great, put all the silly bits back on and generally tidied it up, now it wont start, no spark, changed coil & plug, nowt, zilch Nada! Anyone live local to Kidderminster with one of these could they PM me and bring it over as I am desperate to find out what I have fxxked up with here!

Have jumped it with a rather large commercial battery so I do not suspect that is the issue here, the battery on the bike is S/Hand mind you. All I need is someone with a DRZ just to swap CDI's to either eliminate or confirm its died, will even come to them!

Put a big battery live strait onto the starter positive (and an earth to engine as well) see if the starter turns = it may be the solenoid
HTHY

Put a big battery live strait onto the starter positive (and an earth to engine as well) see if the starter turns = it may be the solenoid
HTHY

Maybe I haven't explained myself, I have had it running with all the bits hanging off, put all back together and no spark, motor spins freely, all connections appear sound, isolated the clutch cut out and side stand, and the kill button was modified in the Sahara by soldering a bridge across the contacts. have tried everything in the WS Manual, resistance this and conection that, replaced the Plug, coil & CDI unit, so not much left now is there? I am assuming I have disturbed something somewhere, its that what is bothering me at present. I really need an electrical genious with a multi meter and an understanding of Suzuki's wiring logic.

I changed the CDI unit and still no spark on the NEW test Plug, found an old BMW R100 plug, all gunked up and millions of years old, and ZAP, big fat spark, it turns out the new plug, straight of a box, was knackered. Whats the chances of that then????, Glad to report it started up and now needs a few adjustments to enable me to throw myself and said DRZ at the scenery.

Back
Top Bottom