Total Kit failure ......

Hopefully you'll have the same experience I had Rick; my four year old Klim trousers developed a leak around the crotch. I dealt with Gortex direct and they couldn't have been easier to deal with. Fully repaired and back to being totally waterproof.

My Badlands is still 100% waterproof but it's only a couple of years old so lets see how it goes.....

My Sidi Adventures must be 8 or 9 years old now and have had serious abuse as my everyday boot, light trail riding when I can't be arsed with my MX boots along with a couple of trips to N Africa and all over Europe. They are still in one piece and still 100% waterproof ~ amazing boots and some so it sounds like you've been unlucky?

Andres

Taken the suit back to the importer, Adventure Spec where it was purchased in May 2013 and they are looking at it ( Sounding favorable at the moment)

They replaced the failed Gloves on the spot even though they were bought from ABW

The boots have to go back to Feridax for assessment as the boot warranty is 12 months but the Gore tex is a different matter so that could be a long drawn out argument.

I still cant quite get over how it all failed on the same day

Not relevant but were you around Aberfeldy on Sunday morning ?

Err that depends

If it was about 3 fucking mongs on sports bikes then no **

If not then yes

**The aforementioned mongs on Sportsbikes were mates of a mate who I had never met before the trip and if i never meet them again it will be too soon as they really do give bikers a bad name. I ended up abandoning them half way home on Monday as i was so fucked off with them

My sock when I took boots off
9cc5075157e171f833934a2a349deb3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes but the fish and chips should still be consumed within 4 minutes to minimise heat loss.

Now you've done it. 1 mention of fish and chips and Bear will be here, telling us all about his latest log burner, breadmaker ebike or other glittery trinket that has caught his eye this week :blast

FFS what is your problem?

If it's all the same to you I'll choose to post how and what I please, unless I missed a meeting in which you got put in charge of policing posting styles.
Wow, a bit of an overreaction ! I think Blackal had a point - a simple explanation helps everyone reading the post and is far better than a useless "it's crap" type of comment.

What happened to simply wearing a one piece oversuit over your leathers..?

Works for me, and a decent oversuit is only about £60 or so, mine's from HG.

Wow, a bit of an overreaction ! I think Blackal had a point - a simple explanation helps everyone reading the post and is far better than a useless "it's crap" type of comment.

You're new here aren't you... It's purely a case of an idiosyncrasy peculiar to UKGSer.
You'll get used to It, it just takes time... Be strong.:beerjug:

I am coming to the same conclusion TBH

It will pain me to wear a £60 rain suit over a £1600 gore tex one

then do it the other way round, that way you could imagine its the £1600 suit keeping the water out.:D:beerjug:

mesh seat cover

I use a mesh seat cover that allows the water to drain away from your croutch and is upto 35 degrees cooler to sit on in the summer.

i always put an oversuit on when the weather gets iffy, 100% protection for penny's..hate the feeling of cold damp gortex

Back
Top Bottom