Total Kit failure ......

Wet gear

Guys, just do not know what to say, have i got the only Bmw Street guard suit around 9 yrs old that does not let water in bar the cuffs, dries very quickly , trousers same, no wet bollocks and both been well tested travelling each year,3/4000 miles plus in two weeks. Usual day runs out at home, around 300 mile with chums.
Daytona boots now around 7 yrs old , dry feet ,but left sole now in need of refurbishment, had them priced but cost was more than half cost of new.
HG short gloves summer , about 60,000 miles on them , (no longer made ) bummer, as would buy again, kept pinkies dry, no dyed fingers either.Sadly splitting at seams on thumb .

Thinking clothing or materials used now, (like bikes) are not made the same as previous ones.

Feeling sad after reading these posts, my 8 year old Rukka jacket doesn't leak! Nowt to moan about ☹️

This is very true.

It also ties in with the previous comments about using heated grips in the rain and then getting wet hands as an outcome. (the heated grips ensure the temperature and humidity gradient is reversed and moisture moves the other way and is sucked back into the lining of the glove giving the reverse effect to the one expected)
Bloody hell! stuart_w agreeing with something I said - I'm going for a lie down.

**The aforementioned mongs on Sportsbikes were mates of a mate who I had never met before the trip and if i never meet them again it will be too soon as they really do give bikers a bad name. I ended up abandoning them half way home on Monday as i was so fucked off with them

Enough about the leaky gear, let's here the tails of woe regarding this trio.

Ah, hey up Stuart Watson (StuartW) :beerjug:

I've tried contacting you a few times but I think you must have missed my posts? Anyway, I can see you're still logged in so strike while the iron's hot and all that;

How's the new job going? I was really interested to see you make the move from being a pilot with ......ah feck, what's their name? Bugger (it's my age you know!)......I know it wasn't Easy Jet......anyway, don't worry, it'll come to me I''m sure.........

Anyway, sorry, I was asking how the move up to Fife went and how the new job as a Pharmacist was going. I genuinely have a huge amount of respect for you Aberdeen GS making such a change at your time of life and so glad to see that along with your change of forum name you seem to have knocked the nasty, pig ignorant and down right racist posts on the head for now :thumb

I miss the pictures though :(

Andres

I've tried contacting you a few times but I think you must have missed my posts? Anyway, I can see you're still logged in so strike while the iron's hot and all that;

How's the new job going? I was really interested to see you make the move from being a pilot with ......ah feck, what's their name? Bugger (it's my age you know!)......I know it wasn't Easy Jet......anyway, don't worry, it'll come to me I''m sure.........

Anyway, sorry, I was asking how the move up to Fife went and how the new job as a Pharmacist was going. I genuinely have a huge amount of respect for you Aberdeen GS making such a change at your time of life and so glad to see that along with your change of forum name you seem to have knocked the nasty, pig ignorant and down right racist posts on the head for now :thumb

Andres

If he is, indeed, Stuart W, then he is a very pathetic individual.:comfort

Just bought the BMW Pro one-piece rainsuit at Chester motorrad for £106. Only suitable for over lighter jackets than adventure type.
It won't be long before it is tested with looks of things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just bought the BMW Pro one-piece rainsuit at Chester motorrad for £106. Only suitable for over lighter jackets than adventure type.
It won't be long before it is tested with looks of things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that is the bright yellow thing they are warm and dry

just a pain to get on and off and you look a bit of a twat :D

Andres

Fife is a much better place for camping so maybe Stuart will get more use from his Hilleberg tents that he tried to sell previously :thumb2

Gortex is designed to allow water vapour to pass through it. This requires a thermal gradient that doesn't normally exist on a motorcycle.

In normal UK weather, I'm much warmer inside my jacket than it is outside - regular thermal gradient. You're correct about wetting out in non-laminated kit but in itself, that doesn't create leaks.

Anyway, Redrick's kit is laminated so gradient has nothing to do with things. Sounds like pure kit failure to me...

Andres

He's in Essex these days

Update from Klim

They want the suit for testing and repair ! I do however need this for next week so they are sending me it back and I then have to re send it to them at my expense i may add

This now means that I will be attending next weeks fuck up in leaky kit so lets hope it does not rain !

Starting to get a little annoyed now

Update

Klim are replacing the trousers and have repaired the jacket.

My faith in Klim is restored as nearly 5 year old kit will now be good ( fingers crossed) for a few more years and of course the warranty is renewed.

Back
Top Bottom