Total Kit failure ......

I must admit Klim have been amazing dealing with my own claim which was all done with pictures :)

Update

Klim are replacing the trousers and have repaired the jacket.

My faith in Klim is restored as nearly 5 year old kit will now be good ( fingers crossed) for a few more years and of course the warranty is renewed.

This makes me happy :bounce1 now all is needed is for the return of the Italian steed......

Whilst at times one can ask, why pay more for the Gore-tex version of something when i'ts only a PTFE membrane and gear manufacturers can use their own version, Gore-tex gear seems that bit better made and I've suspected for sometime that Gore are very keen to maintain the their brand image, so to protect that image repairs or exchanges are made with much less quibble and in a timely way. I would speculate that if klim/bmw/berghaus/TNF etc or anyone else was wantant in constrction quality and customer care, then Gore would apply "pressure" as it tarnishes their product reputation.

So to some degree you are paying for the warranty and back up that using a gore liner in your gear carries, and after all Klim is a premium brand of motorcycle clothing, therefore one would expect premium customer service.

Does the KLIM kit not have a 10 year guarantee, I’d get in touch with them because if it’s failing at the price you pay that’s not acceptable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the KLIM kit not have a 10 year guarantee, I’d get in touch with them because if it’s failing at the price you pay that’s not acceptable

Lifetime warranty
See my other thread about it and the woes of it

My own 3 year old Klim Badlands trousers are leaking at the crotch area as well - seems a common theme.

After reading posts on various forums about people contacting Gore-Tex directly, I did the same and they very helpfully sent a UPS label and they've headed off to a repair centre in Austria. 3-4 weeks and they should be back, hopefully repaired. I'll probably get a pair of ex-Army Goretex over-trousers for when it's hammering down as a second barrier to water ingress and they also keep the sh!te off the trousers, to save me having to wash and re-proof them too often.

Top marks for the Sidi Adventure's though - 3 years and never let a drop in even when standing in water crossings!

My own 3 year old Klim Badlands trousers are leaking at the crotch area as well - seems a common theme.

After reading posts on various forums about people contacting Gore-Tex directly, I did the same and they very helpfully sent a UPS label and they've headed off to a repair centre in Austria. 3-4 weeks and they should be back, hopefully repaired. I'll probably get a pair of ex-Army Goretex over-trousers for when it's hammering down as a second barrier to water ingress and they also keep the sh!te off the trousers, to save me having to wash and re-proof them too often.

Top marks for the Sidi Adventure's though - 3 years and never let a drop in even when standing in water crossings!

My Klim Latitudes did the same - sent away to be repaired in Austria, still leaked upon their return and Gore gave me a refund and took the trousers back. Great company to deal with..

D.

My Klim Latitudes did the same - sent away to be repaired in Austria, still leaked upon their return and Gore gave me a refund and took the trousers back. Great company to deal with..

D.

Seems to be a common problem. My original Badland trousers also still leaked after repair in Austria. In the end Klim repaced them (but required aphotographic prrof that I had cut up & destroyed the originals ). In the interim I bought some Overland trousers; now the Overland Trousers have started to leak :(

Boots update

The boots have been with Sidi now for 9 weeks and i have just been told that the boots are excessively worn and will not be repaired !

Now these super dooper Adventure boots get used from march to October and have done about 30K miles. Cleaned regularly and have no cuts or scuffs to speak of

Sidi have just fucked me off with any warranty claim as my toes have worn them out !

Top tip here dont buy expensive boots and expect them to last or give value

And just to realy take the piss i wont get them back for another 3 weeks

This will make Nofuck Tiger very happy :D

Now any recommendations for some decent boots ?

Now any recommendations for some decent boots ?

Sidi Adventures :D

I got mine when they first came out so must be 10 years old? They are used all year round, have been a quarter of the way down Africa (twice), to the far side of Turkey, do the daily commute, have been in two high speed road crashes and even get used on easy trails when I can't be arsed to wear my MX boots. They continue to amaze me in so much as the soles still have tread, they are still 100% waterproof and when I can be arsed to clean and Nikwax them they still come up looking pretty good. They also, for me, offer the best compromise between protection and wear/walk in all day comfy.

I feel your pain Rick, seriously, but for me they are the best boots I've ever owned ~ try another pair (the new dark brown nubuck ones look proper cool too)?

Andres

Sidi Adventures :D

I got mine when they first came out so must be 10 years old? They are used all year round, have been a quarter of the way down Africa (twice), to the far side of Turkey, do the daily commute, have been in two high speed road crashes and even get used on easy trails when I can't be arsed to wear my MX boots. They continue to amaze me in so much as the soles still have tread, they are still 100% waterproof and when I can be arsed to clean and Nikwax them they still come up looking pretty good. They also, for me, offer the best compromise between protection and wear/walk in all day comfy.

I feel your pain Rick, seriously, but for me they are the best boots I've ever owned ~ try another pair (the new dark brown nubuck ones look proper cool too)?

Andres

A slight twist here

The fucking mongs at J&S forgot to tell me that they could be repaired for 40 Euros !

I found that bit out in a reply to my ( vitriolic) E mail to Feridax

I am happy to pay 40 euros to have them repaired as they are/were bloody good boots
So thats all sorted

A slight twist here

The fucking mongs at J&S forgot to tell me that they could be repaired for 40 Euros !

I am happy to pay 40 euros to have them repaired as they are/were bloody good boots
So thats all sorted

Mongs dealing with a Mong little wonder confusion ensued :blast

Had the Goretex liner in my Rev-it trousers fail. The seam had parted. Sent it back and received a free upgrade with a nice apology. Seems they had a whole batch go bad because the seaming machine had been misbehaving.
Good recovery by Rev-it.

A slight twist here

So thats all sorted

Result :thumb2

Andres

Back
Top Bottom