Accommodation around St Quentin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Starting to plan the WW1 jaunt for new year and need somewhere around St Quentin. There,s the usual Ibis /Accor and booking.com stuff but personal recommendations are always welcome.

stayed here at Easter, twice. On the way down to Avignon and liked it enough to stay on the way home.
5 minute walk to main square, secure parking, ask for one of the ground floor rooms if you or fellow traveller find stairs difficult. Family run very friendly, decent breakfast.
https://goo.gl/maps/vvkpTyKPGh42

Le Golden pub has a good range of beers and good steaks. https://goo.gl/maps/oG42os9ad9w - amuse yourself with the French approach to a British pub. Some very cute waiters who refuse to be Anglicised and retain perfect levels of Gallic surlyness.

In September 2015 we stayed at Hotel Memorial in Saint Quentin, it was fine.
Bikes were parked outside but in secluded rear courtyard.

Florence is always popular, albeit it could do with a bit of a spruce up.

Its convenience is its central location, though its car park can fill up.... particularly when imbecile bikermates do not think when they abandon their awesome steeds, thereby greatly inconveniencing everyone else.

Yep, I've stayed there a couple of times. Nice and central if you want a choice of restaurants & bars.:thumb

Very central location for the main square, restaurants & bars....but please avoid the super dodgy kebab house near the hotel archway on the road....it's foul 🤢🤢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, it's got to be done..

"San Quentin"

San Quentin, you've been livin' hell to me
You've hosted me since nineteen sixty three
I've seen 'em come and go and I've seen them die
And long ago I stopped askin' why

San Quentin, I hate every inch of you.
You've cut me and have scarred me thru an' thru.
And I'll walk out a wiser weaker man;
Mister Congressman why can't you understand.

San Quentin, what good do you think you do?
Do you think I'll be different when you're through?
You bent my heart and mind and you may my soul,
And your stone walls turn my blood a little cold.

San Quentin, may you rot and burn in hell.
May your walls fall and may I live to tell.
May all the world forget you ever stood.
And may all the world regret you did no good.

San Quentin, you've been livin' hell to me.

Very central location for the main square, restaurants & bars....but please avoid the super dodgy kebab house near the hotel archway on the road....it's foul ����

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You enjoyed the kebab & the kebab shop entertainment, and you know it! :D

Actually the Ibis in St Quentin's alright: standard soulless box rooms with basic breakfast, but it's comfy, the parking is good (and secure) and it's a short walk to the main square, which really is lovely. Above all, it's cheap. I stayed there 18 months ago and it was newly refurbished at that point so should still be pretty trim

Once stayed in St.Quentin. It's twinned with Rotherham. That tells you all you need to know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom