Basecamp and Google Earth

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know that Google discontinued support of the API in GE a while ago, which meant that BC didn't launch GE, but now the "view in Google Earth" function doesn't seem to work at all, even with both BC and GE open.

Using BC on a Mac, and Google Earth Pro. I guess that in any case Garmin will discontinue BC, since it's not been updated since 2016, but does anyone still have this feature working?

thanks

You will need to download an earlier version of google earth the latest ones will not work, i use version, Google Earth 7.1.2.2041 works perfect.

Oh and dont let it update to the newest version.

Latest version of Google Earth works with Mapsource! At least the version I downloaded a week ago, has Earth been updated since?

John

My long work around is to create a route in basecamp and then export to garmin file or my documents as a kml which then opens in google earth any version.
I think I tried saving one as kml from mapsource and option not available.
All on windows not mac.
Andrew

Marvellous, installing the old version fixed it! Thanks for the help chaps!

It is possible to get map source to run on a mac, but it may be a bit to convoluted for some, and some may think that it is more trouble than its worth,

With a boot into windows, it's easy. But mapsource installs via an msi installer, or .exe, which only run on Windows. There's never been a mapsource for Mac

A workaround to open Google Earth directly from BC and MS was discussed on either (or both) zumoforums.com and/or garmin forum. Look for posts by sussamb.

With a boot into windows, it's easy. But mapsource installs via an msi installer, or .exe, which only run on Windows. There's never been a mapsource for Mac

i dont think anyone said there was a mapsource that was made for mac, what was said is you can if you wish run mapsource from a mac, or on a mac.

I would recommend using one of these virtual machine programs, ideally Parallels or VMWare Fusion, to run Windows applications on a Mac without rebooting.

Back
Top Bottom