Basecamp and Google Earth

No, but Grey One said that the latest GE works with Mapsource, to which Andyscott replied "not on a Mac" which is true because Mac doesn't run Mapsource natively. Shakeybmw replied that it does work on a mac, then we got into a bit of a wormhole saying that by doing a load of complicated stuff Mapsource can be made to run on a Mac. Which it can, but only by running it in Windows.

So we're all correct, I think! Basecamp Mac doesn't work with the latest Mac GE, but if you installed Windows on your Mac, then installed Mapsource then it may well work with the latest GE, and so in that respect its more or less true that Mapsource running on a Mac will work with the latest GE.

i dont think anyone said there was a mapsource that was made for mac, what was said is you can if you wish run mapsource from a mac, or on a mac.

I would recommend using one of these virtual machine programs, ideally Parallels or VMWare Fusion, to run Windows applications on a Mac without rebooting.

then it runs in a virtual machine, not on a mac.

then it runs in a virtual machine, not on a mac.

yes you are indeed correct, it would be running in a virtual machine in a windows enviroment, and the virtual machine would be running on the mac, would it not? so if you only had a mac and wished to run mapsource with GE this would enable that, although if someone has the wherewithal to do what is needed to do this,they would surely be able to get basecamp and GE working together and would probably be getting along with basecamp or any one of the many other good pieces of software out there.
Its good to have a choice of progs to use and alternative ways to do things, if only for the fact that many people dont like or can not get on with basecamp.

I'm pleased to report that Google Earth Pro is now happily and easily importing and opening BaseCamp tracks for me.
I'm using Windows 10.
The 'Tour' view of a track is available, too.

I spent a bit of time yesterday on the PC, and noticed some changes to the GE user interface - but, it all seems to be straightforward and at a point where it was before the facility was withdrawn by Google some while back.

No need for any tweaks, workarounds, or userfuckupcodes.

:thumb

Back
Top Bottom