Icons in Basecamp on PC (Win7)

arealhuman

Reaction score
Hi - this is more of an annoyance than a problem, but if anyone has a solution I'd be grateful! So, what happens is in Basecamp, if I happen to resize the window for whatever reason (I sometimes have Basecamp open side-by-side with other programs), when I go back to full screen the icons in Basecamp are all over the place, making the bar at the top of the screen the width of several rows of icons. It's no problem to drag the icons that have moved back on to one row, but it'd be great if I could stop it happening in the first place :thumb Anyone else get this and managed to put a stop to it?

Hi - this is more of an annoyance than a problem, but if anyone has a solution I'd be grateful! So, what happens is in Basecamp, if I happen to resize the window for whatever reason (I sometimes have Basecamp open side-by-side with other programs), when I go back to full screen the icons in Basecamp are all over the place, making the bar at the top of the screen the width of several rows of icons. It's no problem to drag the icons that have moved back on to one row, but it'd be great if I could stop it happening in the first place :thumb Anyone else get this and managed to put a stop to it?

It looks like an issue where you have more toolbars open than can fit across the width of the screen. Basecamp drops them down over multiple lines but doesn't put them back when you make the window bigger again. I've just given it a go on mine and get the same behaviour.

Can't see anything to stop this happening other than reducing the number of toolbars open.

Are you sure about this as my version of basecamp will only resize to the size shown in my image where as mapsource will do exactly as you say,

Attachments

• 07-09-2017 10-00-23.jpg
    07-09-2017 10-00-23.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 85
Thanks for the replies.

@RobK - thanks for testing. I guess reducing the number of toolbars is an option, however the same behaviour still occurs if the Basecamp window is shrunk less than those toolbars.
@leedude03 - interesting point, I don't know how small the Basecamp window will shrink to, not tried it (at work now so can't test), but I can see from your screenshot that the icons are now spread across two lines!

As I said, not really a problem, I just wondered if there was a simple fix or whether the issues was down to my setup. First world problems and all that! Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Back
Top Bottom