Pyrenees in October?

Go, it will be fantastic - Quiet, great roads, some shite industrial towns, some beautiful medieval ones - dress for cold but prepare to bask in lovely warm afternoons.......it will be just what you need.

Yup,as Twizz says.

But there's a lot more to Northern Spain than just the Picos and the Pyrenees,where everybody heads for.

A question which you have done nothing whatsoever to answer.

Still a cuntish attitude from you as the Moderator for the section you are responsible for.

Actually I did respond in that I advised the OP to ignore you.

I bet you are the spitting image of Capt Mainwaring.

Yup,as Twizz says.

But there's a lot more to Northern Spain than just the Picos and the Pyrenees,where everybody heads for.

That's true - I love the Navarra region as well as Asturias

Actually I did respond in that I advised the OP to ignore you.

I bet you are the spitting image of Capt Mainwaring.

Advice (though not an answer) that he was more than happy to ignore.

More Teddy Perry's character, really.

But hey, the bod seems happy enough with the news that the weather is going to be tip-top, spot-on and he's gagging to go.

Pyrenees & the Alps

Been both areas & although had a few 'moments' of rain they were short but strong..

BUT, We always seem to get wet on the ride down or returning through France, it can be horribly wet at that time of year, suggest the Santander ferry if it's anywhere near where your going..
Good luck & enjoy..! :beerjug:

Last year we rode through the Picos and Pyrenees in mid September, fantastic weather. This year just the Picos and further South East and are dodging showers, yesterday's temps ranged from 11-18c, roads were wet/damp but apart from a few spots we avoided the heavy showers which came again late last night.

I'd say go and enjoy, the roads are superb, you just need to cover a wide range of weather possibilities.

Again thanks for the "real" world info, just what I was after.
Was more concerned for snow in the higher places than rain to be honest, as well used to that, especially in the summer, we drove through 6 odd hours en route to the Alps this year, biblical!! Avon trailriders were superb by the way.

Maybe post your question on the ABR forum - there are regular posters on there that live in the area.

My immediate thoughts are that you live in Scotland, with year round access to mountain roads and views so, why not try something different. Head south for the Bardanas Realeas semi-desert the loop back via the Mediterranean coast - shouldn't be any weather worries :thumb

Enjoy whatever

Maybe post your question on the ABR forum - there are regular posters on there that live in the area.

My immediate thoughts are that you live in Scotland, with year round access to mountain roads and views so, why not try something different. Head south for the Bardanas Realeas semi-desert the loop back via the Mediterranean coast - shouldn't be any weather worries :thumb

Enjoy whatever

Not sure on time constraints , but will bear that in mind , never thought about that!!
Cheers :thumby:

We're about an hour or so from the foothills on the French side and last October was gorgeous, we were riding our mountains bikes in Ainsa, in brilliant and warm sunshine, on the 21st October. It was pretty cold when the sun went down however.

Locally to us it's recognised that September and October are usually pretty settled, with warm sunny days. However there is always the odd cold and wet day. 5 days ago it was nearly 30 degrees, yesterday it struggled over 14, Tuesday is forecast to be 28..... It snowed today on Tourmalet.....

The mountains could be lovely but there are also plenty of other gorgeous places to try, we went to the Aveyron late October, early November, and it was beautiful. Warm sunshine and very quiet roads.

Yup,as Twizz says.

Agreed...... And the food is better than the Southern half of Spain, even the Spaniards say so. And you can always drop into Northern Portugal too.

As far as I know Spain is the 2nd most mountainous country in Europe, so lots of twisty mountain roads with great views. Just stay away from the centre i.e. Madrid, and also around Seville is very flat.

Our ride from Broto to Tirvia today was 9 to 13 degrees with persistent light rain. Clear skies tonight suggest a better day tomorrow. The roads are great wet or dry.

Back
Top Bottom