Pyrenees in October?

bazman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Have an inkling to do some of the Pyrenees in late October, I'm guessing a bit touch and go weather wise?

Cue:

I went three years ago / last year / my mates went / it's the mountains / I have never been, but... / it will be what it will be / are you mad / go for it.... replies.

There are some very good websites with historical data for the Pyrenees (it's a big area) they are as good a guide as anything.

Have an inkling to do some of the Pyrenees in late October, I'm guessing a bit touch and go weather wise?

I've been in October twice - both times it's been fantastic - clear days, 20 degrees and as clear as a bell...... nights are quite cold....

It's also very quiet - some Restaurants closed - so we had to "go local" rather then "tourist" - all the better for it.

Of course it could piss down every day.

Cue:

I went three years ago / last year / my mates went / it's the mountains / I have never been, but... / it will be what it will be / are you mad / go for it.... replies.

There are some very good websites with historical data for the Pyrenees (it's a big area) they are as good a guide as anything.

He's from Scotland - well used to four seasons in one day.

I've been in October twice - both times it's been fantastic - clear days, 20 degrees and as clear as a bell...... nights are quite cold....

It's also very quiet - some Restaurants closed - so we had to "go local" rather then "tourist" - all the better for it.

Of course it could piss down every day.

Thanks for that , and yes well accustomed to the weather fluctuations up here , pissed down in July in the Alps , so guess you take your chances ... :beerjug:

Ignore Wapping, he has to get his average of 10 posts of utter shite in everyday, usually he confines it to the Beakshit and bollocks page.

Yep there are shed loads of interweb pages, but maybe just maybe it'd be okay to ask members of this community for their opinion without having to clear it through Wapping, the unofficial Moderator and font of all knowledge and general all round wanker.

Go for it, it will be better than Blighty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ignore Wapping, he has to get his average of 10 posts of utter shite in everyday, usually he confines it to the Beakshit and bollocks page.

Yep there are shed loads of interweb pages, but maybe just maybe it'd be okay to ask members of this community for their opinion without having to clear it through Wapping, the unofficial Moderator and font of all knowledge and general all round wanker.

Slider….:rolleyes:
I'd much rather read Wappings posts and enjoy his subtle innuendo than your stupid repetitive drivel.

Slider….:rolleyes:
I'd much rather read Wappings posts and enjoy his subtle innuendo than your stupid repetitive drivel.

Subtle innuendo follows.There must be something......time for a song then !!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/o41A91X5pns" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Meanwhile....I went to France/Spain for three weeks last Sept/Oct and had blue skies the entire time,after one morning of rain on day one.Think I got back about 8 Oct,so the weather can be fantastic.Going again next week.

Wapping, the unofficial Moderator
I think you'll find he's the Official moderator. And, at a guess, I'd say he's ridden more miles than you've had wet dreams about.

Anyway, bazman asked a question so here goes - having been to the Pyrenees every October for the last 7 years I can tell you that it's good weather more often than it's bad weather. But it is, as has been said, cold at night / early morning. Overall it's likely to be better than Scotland in October :D So go, you'll enjoy it more than being in work, I guarantee it.

Unfortunately the roads are quite twisty & there's no traffic on them. If you can live with that you'll have a blast. I'm there again in 3 weeks :bounce1

Not if you want a Full English, extra slice and bubble with brew at 11:30 AM, trust me.

Don't go to Spain then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you'll find he's the Official moderator. And, at a guess, I'd say he's ridden more miles than you've had wet dreams about.

:bounce1

Well according to his status, he's a subscriber, so not a Moderator and have another guess Princess about the number of miles. Please feel free to fuck off afterwards.

Guys guys guys, chill the fuck out , can't be arsed with petty comments.
Asked a question, which I don't think was too much, looking for people who had experience in riding this area late October.
If you can't contribute to the question feel free to scroll by, and onto the next thread.
Let's not start abusing people please , whether or not it's a joke or not?
I'm going over to my father in laws in France to do some work to help out as he's just been diagnosed with cancer , and after that thought i'd try and chill the fuck out with a ride in the Pyrennes, not too much to ask ?

Guys guys guys, chill the fuck out , can't be arsed with petty comments.
Asked a question, which I don't think was too much, looking for people who had experience in riding this area late October.
If you can't contribute to the question feel free to scroll by, and onto the next thread.
Let's not start abusing people please , whether or not it's a joke or not?
I'm going over to my father in laws in France to do some work to help out as he's just been diagnosed with cancer , and after that thought i'd try and chill the fuck out with a ride in the Pyrennes, not too much to ask ?

Go, it will be fantastic - Quiet, great roads, some shite industrial towns, some beautiful medieval ones - dress for cold but prepare to bask in lovely warm afternoons.......it will be just what you need.

Back
Top Bottom