lowering seat

ddtwelve

Reaction score
is there anyway of lowering the standard seat without having to pay silly prices for these low comfort seats. I'm a short ass and even with 29 inch leg cant get both feet on the ground ive already taken 40mm of foam out of the standard seat and yes I have it in the low setting
cheers
david

would love to test one out before I splash that amount of money out .....if anyone near Doncaster has one of these seats on there bike and would let me have a seat on it drop us a message

well rung bmw up with the part no and they say its just a comfort seat not lowered and at £497 gulp

Just Get a lowered front seat from BMW I Have a 29in leg and it worked very well I just sold one from my old bike . !!!

i tried the "comfort" seat as shown in the photos, and it is indeed lower, but... you cannot move around on the seat and i ended up with thigh/knee pain because of this. the seat essentially "fixes" you in one seating position

Might be worth trying boots with thicker soles. I recently bought a pair of Altberg boots. They have soles with much deeper tread, making them thicker and do make it easier to reach the ground. The Altberg boots are very well made and comfortable too!

well I received a comfort seat from a friendly man off fb bmw.
fitted it today and can honestly say its the same height as my old seat with the foam out. will see if it any better when riding

I'm a short arse as well,29" inside leg.I specked my new RT with a factory fit low seat.It works fine for me but it aint the most comfortable plank around.I've gone from a 2 hour arse to a 1 and 1/2 hour arse.Still a work in progress.

I'm a short arse as well,29" inside leg.I specked my new RT with a factory fit low seat.It works fine for me but it aint the most comfortable plank around.I've gone from a 2 hour arse to a 1 and 1/2 hour arse.Still a work in progress.

Same boat as you pal 29 inside leg on a low seat RTGrab yourself an AirHawk seat pad or similar, mine was £120.00 still better than the £500 or thereabouts for a low comfort seat,Last long ride we had was maybe 3.5hrs in the saddle

Back
Top Bottom