Cleaning Goretex

I use Nikwax at the moment as Tesco were selling litre bottles of both green soapy stuff and the bluey purple waterproofer stuff.

I just lob the garment in the washing machine with a dose of the green in the wash and a dose of the blue in the fabric conditioner section - seems to work. Garment clean, fresh smelling and the outer fabric beads water.

When my green is depleted I will go full cheapskate and use the only equivalent of Lux flakes I could find, Wilko Liquid Soap Flakes.

Out of interest, this is from the Rukka website:

for Rukka jackets and trousers

See the individual care instructions at each product.
Remove protectors before washing.
Machine wash inside out on fine wash programme at 30-40°C with normal fine washing powder without soft rinse agent. Rinse thoroughly. Put only one product at a time in the machine.
Dry clean according to care instructions
Iron at low temperature (no. 1 setting). Not the reflecting areas
Tumble dry at low temperature (max 55°C) one item at a time

Note!

AirPower products (Cordura AFT material) - No tumble dry

Maybe an obvious question, but what if you have no tumble dryer or know anyone that does?

Try your nearest launderette. They have lots of washing machines and a tumble drier.

Maybe an obvious question, but what if you have no tumble dryer

Use an Iron on low heat it does the same thing, it's only to reactivate the dwp on the outer fabric layer so it doesnt get saturated with water which stops goretex working properly.

Use an Iron on low heat it does the same thing, it's only to reactivate the dwp on the outer fabric layer so it doesnt get saturated with water which stops goretex working properly.

a Tosser is more likely to have a hair dryer accessible

Back
Top Bottom