Filtering on a BMW GSA

I don't see much wrong with this progressive riding but with a caveat. If one of the car drivers had made a late right turn without indication it could have caused problems.
It happened to me around 20 years ago resulting in a collision. I didn't have time to react/brake.

Anyway I'm a newbie so I'll get me coat......just saying

Video can be decieving,

Most i would have done but in a more leapfrog way,

Doing the dive toward the narrowing road sections from some way back would be the only area i'd call

risky, (Highway code 167) If the car driver accelerated into the gap it would have closed your escape route.

Were you naked, or with panniers ?

Was out riding today.

You know sometimes motorcycling can be very satisfying... like overtaking 45 cars in 99 seconds :beerjug: and saving yourself 30 minutes in a nasty queue.

No-doubt going to be slated for this video, but what would you have done, stuck your bike at the back of the queue like the other guy? And waited?

Or got the job done and be off...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Uy-9k7li7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought yours was a very smooth, measured and safe ride and I would have done exactly the same albeit not as well.

I think it's interesting, and something different to look at instead of Rusting, Forking, Oil or Tyre threads.

So far in opinions, its too fast, too slow, risky, perfectly safe, ranging from 'Hospital Bed' to Failing an Advanced Test if you didn't do it. Haha.

Therefore, in my opinion, even though it may appear to be boring, it's certainly a stimulant for conversation.

If anyone learns anything, not from the video itself, but in the comments and discussion from it, then all good this end. :thumb2

But I also come across a LOT of riders who wont filter/overtake when I'm out and about. Until I do it usually, then they all come piling in behind me :blast

Maybe it all varies with Age, Experience, Training, Machine being used, etc

Bloody hell interesting riding through urban areas? No fun. No fun. No fun. Get out there and ride roads that are fun. Or tracks. Or green lanes. Believe me the people that would like to discuss this need to be avoided. Cmon. End of thread.

Bloody hell interesting riding through urban areas? No fun. No fun. No fun. Get out there and ride roads that are fun. Or tracks. Or green lanes. Believe me the people that would like to discuss this need to be avoided. Cmon. End of thread.

I disagree.

There are so many disciplines for motorcycle riding that everything can be made to be fun. There should be a MMA Style of motorcycling. Mixed Motorcycle Arts - Cage Fighters.

Over the years I've trained with IAM and RoSPA for Advanced Roadcraft. Ron Haslam and California Superbike School for track riding. Craig Jones Stunt Riding and Gymkhana for general hooning about and commuting through heavy traffic. Blood Bikes for Hi-Viz progress and going to my first BMW off-road school in next 2 weeks.

I'm no expert but I've always had a plan to learn and practice as much as I can. They're all arrows in my quiver and various 'skills' can be practised whenever I choose. So rather than just repeatedly ride the same roads (which do become boring after years of the same thing, I can assure you), I now practice skills I've learned on every ride, however mundane they might be, and in any Weather that might afflict me on the day.

So that way I can perform reasonably well in any environment. It then keeps my enthusiasm for riding alive.

I'm not just a sunny day rider, or a track day rider, or a green lane rider, or an all weather commuter or Long Distance Tourer.

I can be all of those. Now that's fun and enjoyable.

Track Riding on the road for the adrenaline rush soon becomes tiring after you've seen bikermate after bikermate airlifted to hospital dead or barely alive, as I have. And for those that look at my video's and think "I could ride faster than that", you probably could. I have learned to hold back 20-30% to allow for mistakes and the unpredictable nature of road riding. It helps me get home at the end of each day and has served me well in the past, unlike some people I've rode with in the past.

Motorcycling is like Martial Arts in some ways. It takes years to really learn the basics and get to the Black Belt. At which point you suddenly realise just how much you don't know.... then the learning really starts and never stops. But it doesn't necessarily stop a cocky aggressive streetfighting White Belt to still knock you out and show you up haha. Just enjoy what you do. End of.

I disagree.

There are so many disciplines for motorcycle riding that everything can be made to be fun. There should be a MMA Style of motorcycling. Mixed Motorcycle Arts - Cage Fighters.

Over the years I've trained with IAM and RoSPA for Advanced Roadcraft. Ron Haslam and California Superbike School for track riding. Craig Jones Stunt Riding and Gymkhana for general hooning about and commuting through heavy traffic. Blood Bikes for Hi-Viz progress and going to my first BMW off-road school in next 2 weeks.

I'm no expert but I've always had a plan to learn and practice as much as I can. They're all arrows in my quiver and various 'skills' can be practised whenever I choose. So rather than just repeatedly ride the same roads (which do become boring after years of the same thing, I can assure you), I now practice skills I've learned on every ride, however mundane they might be, and in any Weather that might afflict me on the day.

So that way I can perform reasonably well in any environment. It then keeps my enthusiasm for riding alive.

I'm not just a sunny day rider, or a track day rider, or a green lane rider, or an all weather commuter or Long Distance Tourer.

Track Riding on the road for the adrenaline rush soon becomes tiring after you've seen bikermate after bikermate airlifted to hospital dead or barely alive, as I have. And for those that look at my video's and think "I could ride faster than that", you probably could. I have learned to hold back 20-30% to allow for mistakes and the unpredictable nature of road riding. It helps me get home at the end of each day and has served me well in the past, unlike some people I've rode with in the past.

Motorcycling is like Martial Arts in some ways. It takes years to really learn the basics and get to the Black Belt. At which point you suddenly realise just how much you don't know.... then the learning really starts and never stops. But it doesn't necessarily stop a cocky aggressive streetfighting White Belt to still knock you out and show you up haha. Just enjoy what you do. End of.

Where's the 'like' button when you need it :thumb:D

Warlord you are a wanker :D

Just completed a 25 miles cross country commute and decided to count my overtakes, what starts as a count turns into a challenge.

158 and if I had a GoPro with subtitles it would have been reading

Sweeeet
Cheeky
Breath In
I thought only Moses can do that
It's only a number you've got enough already
fuck, fuck, you cnut where's my lens cap
At last we've arrived, can we please not count overtakes in future

Warlord you are a wanker :D

Just completed a 25 miles cross country commute and decided to count my overtakes, what starts as a count turns into a challenge.

158 and if I had a GoPro with subtitles it would have been reading

Sweeeet
Cheeky
Breath In
I thought only Moses can do that
It's only a number you've got enough already
fuck, fuck, you cnut where's my lens cap
At last we've arrived, can we please not count overtakes in future

Haha, it's not meant to be a challenge!

Anyways, Pics and Video or it never happened :D

Was out riding today.

You know sometimes motorcycling can be very satisfying... like overtaking 45 cars in 99 seconds :beerjug: and saving yourself 30 minutes in a nasty queue.

No-doubt going to be slated for this video, but what would you have done, stuck your bike at the back of the queue like the other guy? And waited?

Or got the job done and be off...

Be off with you! :beerjug::aidan

I disagree.

Very good. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom