Filtering on a BMW GSA

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Was out riding today.

You know sometimes motorcycling can be very satisfying... like overtaking 45 cars in 99 seconds :beerjug: and saving yourself 30 minutes in a nasty queue.

No-doubt going to be slated for this video, but what would you have done, stuck your bike at the back of the queue like the other guy? And waited?

Or got the job done and be off...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9Uy-9k7li7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would definitely not have waited at the back of the queue :blast
That's one of the reasons I ride a bike:thumb

So many right turns; so many opportunities for a car or van to take one without indicating or looking...

I would have followed you. I probably might have been more careful at the junctions. JJH

nowt wrong with that in my opinion. I'm sure you were covering your brakes just in case and you pulled in as soon as you saw traffic coming.:thumb2

Very little traffic coming the other way, a bit more care at junctions, otherwise good progress made. Would have done the same.

Down the outside every time..... isn't that what bikes are for..;):green gri:D

That's not filtering - the North Circular is a good place to hone your skills.

So many right turns; so many opportunities for a car or van to take one without indicating or looking...

This was exactly my thought. I would have overtaken there is no doubt about that but anytime there is a turn off there is the potential for a frustrated driver to pull a quick u turn, because they are in standing or slow traffic they won't expect to be overtaken and often don't look.

Slow down at the junctions a bit and it's all good.

I don't see an issue. As the camera is quite low, it's misleading as your visibility on a GSA is much better than the camera would have you believe.

I don't see an issue. As the camera is quite low, it's misleading as your visibility on a GSA is much better than the camera would have you believe.

Indeed. Thank You Nutty.

I had brakes covered and watching wheels, junctions, assessing risk, my actual view is better than cameras.

Thought it was a winning streak, love my bike moment. Haha

Agree. I don't think I'd have been quite that fast (old age creeping up on me) but nowt much wrong with that to my mind

Yes I'd have done the same, I think most people would that's one of the reasons for having a bike.
Cameras give a different outlook and also seem to look quicker than it actually is.
As long as you're happy with it that's the main thing :thumb2

I did similar yesterday, came back from a three day Arras, Ghent, Bruges trip, had to pick up a new car for my wife in Milton Keynes, dropped her off and rode back to Southampton, lots & lots of filtering, all three boxes on so a metre wide, only had to use my extremely loud horns a few times. Especially satisfying at the bottom of the A34 where the traffic queues pretty much all the way to the M27.

Big deal - some of us do that shite and much more every day and with cars coming the other way :D

If I'd posted a video of my GSA at the top of Mount Everest with Gisele Supermodel riding pillion dressed in nothing more than Klim Earmuffs.

Someone on here would gave done it first and better :D

Yes it's just a queue through a village but come on, it wasn't a bad effort :)

Yes, I do that around Salisbury regularly, it's one of the reasons for owning a bike and no car.

Back
Top Bottom