Nippy Normans supply Touratech, Wunderlich and many other makes of accessories. Fantastic service and unbelievable performance.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Filtering on a BMW GSA

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Another one for, no problem with that. Would have been right behind you

Warlord...Are you going to Simon Pavey's, if so stand by for a fantastic laugh.

Couple of tips for ya...
    Consider using their clothing, I went in June, the tracks were very dry and dusty, luckily I had their kit on. The dust gets everywhere, still finding it in the inner lining of my helmet. Some riders at the end of the day were getting on their own bikes and covering them in the dust and crap. Their kit has no protection at all though. Next time I go, I'll probs wear my own kit and throw a pair of cheap overalls on top.
    If it's gonna be dry and dusty, take some eye drops, even with goggles, full face etc, the dust and crap still gets into yer eyes, woke up each morning with black tears down my face.
    Meanwhile I'm still trying to get my Virb 360 and OBD link to play nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningGSer View Post
    That's an awkward one ; do you overtake funeral processions ? Do you overtake ambulances ?
    I think I'm in the yes camp, I think , still thinking ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Warlord...Are you going to Simon Pavey's, if so stand by for a fantastic laugh.

Couple of tips for ya...
    Consider using their clothing, I went in June, the tracks were very dry and dusty, luckily I had their kit on. The dust gets everywhere, still finding it in the inner lining of my helmet. Some riders at the end of the day were getting on their own bikes and covering them in the dust and crap. Their kit has no protection at all though. Next time I go, I'll probs wear my own kit and throw a pair of cheap overalls on top.
    If it's gonna be dry and dusty, take some eye drops, even with goggles, full face etc, the dust and crap still gets into yer eyes, woke up each morning with black tears down my face.
    Meanwhile I'm still trying to get my Virb 360 and OBD link to play nicely.
    Thanks for that,

I've got an old waterproof textile suit that got chewed up on a lowside a few years ago in the wet. I kept it for exactly these type of events.

I've got an old RST leather two piece at least 6 years old and knackered, I'll take that also.

Got a 5 year old Bell carbon helmet, light but had its day. I'll use that as the liners are very worn.

I rarely throw any old kit out so I'll use that lot

Did treat myself to some nice shiny new TCX Michelin Motocross boots. Bloody heavy and stiff so god knows how I'm going to get on with those.

Use their boots, all day comfy and ya don't have to clean them.

Oh and if ya need glasses for reading.... First thing they ask is to fill in a form and put yer driving licence number on it...there was at least 6 of us sharing some chaps glasses to read our licences.

You could see the instructors shake their heads at the thought of allowing us to hoon round on their expensive bikes.

Yeah but that's just bollox: most of us, of a certain age , struggle with close up vision, but that , IN NO WAY, interferes with riding skills !
    Too shiny and clean to use it properly.

Yeah but that's just bollox: most of us, of a certain age , struggle with close up vision, but that , IN NO WAY, interferes with riding skills !
    Yes that's right, but let's not get all pissy knickered about it ... a little bit of sarcasm from them isn't something to worry about.

I like sarcasm

I like sarcasm
    Sign up for the off road skills, Bikes, mud, puddles, dust, crazy slopes and lots of sarcasm. What's not to like ?

I used to off-road my 2007 GSA wherever possible and that was an £8K bike and that was nuts at the time IMHO
    No way can I entertain the thought of off-road on these current £zillion panzers ( even if they're owned by someone else )

I used to off-road my 2007 GSA wherever possible and that was an £8K bike and that was nuts at the time IMHO
    No way can I entertain the thought of off-road on these current £zillion panzers ( even if they're owned by someone else )
    They are stripped down of fally off breaky bits, even after them hitting the floor with a bang, they were fine. That was the best bit about the course, if you dropped it or put it into the scenery, just pick it up and crack on. On my course not many " unscheduled dismounts" occurred.

Also the bikes and spares are supplied by BMW, so not the £zillions that it would cost you or me if they went shiny side first.

Filtering on a BMW GSA

Yes strip down is essential: I used to remove the bar which held the spots ( they're made of cheese ) and I'd also need to remove my Puig tall screen. That's not going to happen on my current GSA , sorry
    Riding off-road is a possibility on current GS"s or GSA"s and it's a dream, but if you are serious get a proper off road bike; one which will leap out if ruts and hop over things .I could never get out of a muddy rut on my GSA .
    P.s we're going off topic

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Sign up for the off road skills, Bikes, mud, puddles, dust, crazy slopes and lots of sarcasm. What's not to like ?
    AND the engines are not adorned with fancy crash bars. Rocker covers take the clouts and treated as consumable items.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

You've talked me into it

Quote Originally Posted by Bendy toy View Post
    AND the engines are not adorned with fancy crash bars. Rocker covers take the clouts and treated as consumable items.
    When I was there they'd fitted crash bars to all of the 1200's due to the amount of damage to rocker covers etc.

Yep, just checked the phots I took of me playing in July...the bikes do have the lower crash bars round the rocker covers.

*king wonderful!
    That's why I ride a bike.
    Deep Joy!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345