KTM 350 excf problems

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
350 EXCF cutting out (2015)

Hi folks. Can anyone shed any light on this at all please ??
The bike has been bullet proof since I got it but a few races ago it started cutting out a few times during races/rides. (At pretty much idle or very slow speeds) It always started straight away though. During a few quick checks I found the air filter full of crap etc so i cleaned that out and thought Id solved the slight mystery. I then had a practice session on the bike, and it went fine, and I never thought about it again. However, yday in a race, it stalled again and simply wouldnt start this time. (Ten minutes into a 3 hour event . .Race over !!)

Simple things first . . .the plug seems ok, and the inline and intank fuel filter seems ok, although after 44 hours I will renew these anyway.

Over and above those two, what else should I look at ? All Elec connectors seem to be ok too. Kill switch is ok etc etc but as its EFI I really dont where to go next to do checks

Can anyone help at all please ??
Thanks guys

There is a filter in the fuel quick connector, is that what your calling the inline filter? 44 hours is a lot of hours for that 1

There is a filter in the fuel quick connector, is that what your calling the inline filter? 44 hours is a lot of hours for that 1

Yes fellow, ive ordered that and the intank one (and plug) . . see what happens tomorrow when they arrive . .although i have to say they all look pretty much ok. Hope its not the EFI or im buggered (It will be going to the local dealer/expert I think !)

Message thor1340 on here. He's had similar problems with his. Not sure how he sorted it in the end.

The big filter in the tank would be my guess, you also need to check the injector is clean and the throttle body.

I've had a new voltage rectifier, take it off the bike and check the back for signs of overheating/burnt wires. It's a bit of a lottery but mine had issues and fingers crossed is now sweet as a nut.

The inline fuel filters in the quick connector in fuel line should be changed frequently, the tank one every 30 hours or so if you follow KTM maintenance schedule.

Where are you based? My local shop in Chester have been excellent in sorting out the issue.

Motion Pro tools have a brilliant little battery operated injector cleaner, not cheap but worth its money IMHO.

Happy to chat Thursday if you need any more info 07973 796340 Stuart.

Good luck with it.

The big filter in the tank would be my guess, you also need to check the injector is clean and the throttle body.

I've had a new voltage rectifier, take it off the bike and check the back for signs of overheating/burnt wires. It's a bit of a lottery but mine had issues and fingers crossed is now sweet as a nut.

The inline fuel filters in the quick connector in fuel line should be changed frequently, the tank one every 30 hours or so if you follow KTM maintenance schedule.

Where are you based? My local shop in Chester have been excellent in sorting out the issue.

Motion Pro tools have a brilliant little battery operated injector cleaner, not cheap but worth its money IMHO.

Happy to chat Thursday if you need any more info 07973 796340 Stuart.

Good luck with it.

Excellent Stuart, thanks very much. All the new filters and plug have turned up today so ill fit them later and see what happens. If that doesnt cure it, the injector will be coming out i guess. Im in north lincs by the way

Back
Top Bottom