Chain and sprocket sets

IOM

Reaction score
Hi time to replace the above any recommendations or no nos for brand and what about these silent run front sprocket any advice gratefully received Thanks Hughie :beerjug:

DID VX x-ring. 23k from my last set. Supplied by Motorworks, sprockets made by JT, no experience of silent sprockets.

Silent sprockets have a bonded rubber ring supposed to cushion the chain side plates as it rotates, there is so much chain slap on the swing arm buffers its probably not going to be noticeable.
I get my chains and sprockets off E-Bay from "Brooks Barns", about £110 a set. Probably not the heaviest duty/quality chain available but its good for 13000+ miles. I like to change the chain and sprocket about April each year ready for summer touring.
Don't forget to buy a chain riveter if you are doing it yourself. After you split the old chain experiment with the various fittings before you tackle the new one. I made a real mess using the wrong anvil and pushed the pins out of the joint link instead of riveting them. Luckily I had a spare.

There was one my 800 when I got it.
Changed the set recently and could not find one so fitted a JT one - which is fine -but I notice a bit more vibration than with the rubber-backed one.

Back
Top Bottom