Nar then

XR.

Reaction score
Bought an R1150GS a couple of months ago and after the first ride of a couple of undred miles I can honestly say I thought it was terrible, I couldn't wait to get off it. 40 odd years of big fast Jap multi's have spoilt me!

Being a glutten for punishment and serial masochist I kept using it and glad I did, its took time and a few miles but its now making sense and I won't admit it but I think I'm starting to actually like the old thing. Gearchange is still akin to dropping an inch n half spanner on checkerplate though! lol

Its a 2003 but imported here in 2008, I believe it was sold to its first 2 owners by Motorworks but yet to confirm this, I've also been told its probably from the states as its not a twin spark but would like to confirm this somehow. My friend has a beautiful low mileage 2001 model totally original and unmodified, comparing them shows mine has had quite a few modifications so I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

Regards
Pete

Bought an R1150GS a couple of months ago and after the first ride of a couple of undred miles I can honestly say I thought it was terrible, I couldn't wait to get off it. 40 odd years of big fast Jap multi's have spoilt me!

Being a glutten for punishment and serial masochist I kept using it and glad I did, its took time and a few miles but its now making sense and I won't admit it but I think I'm starting to actually like the old thing. Gearchange is still akin to dropping an inch n half spanner on checkerplate though! lol

Its a 2003 but imported here in 2008, I believe it was sold to its first 2 owners by Motorworks but yet to confirm this, I've also been told its probably from the states as its not a twin spark but would like to confirm this somehow. My friend has a beautiful low mileage 2001 model totally original and unmodified, comparing them shows mine has had quite a few modifications so I'm looking forward to learning more about it.

Regards
Pete

Old shonkers, not worth bothering with:D

My first BM was the 1150 back in 2001. In late 2000, the wife and I went to have a look. The salesman at Allan Jefferies insisted we went out for 3 to 4 hours as we wouldn't get it in just a half hour test. How right he was.

Oh, and welcome

Back
Top Bottom