GSA TRIPLE BLACK

Notsomadmax

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all...

Can anyone who looked at or purchased one tell me what the price of a Triple Black GSA with all the buttons and alloy panniers etc was new on a 2012 plate?

Cheers in advance

Google found this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/9395912/Riding-high-on-BMWs-R1200GS-Triple-Black.html

It comes in four guises: the R1200GS (£10,595); the R1200GS Triple Black (£11,030), with a fancy paint-job; the Rallye (£12,145), boasting electronically adjustable suspension and devilish Paris-Dakar competition colours; and the Adventure (£11,645), on which – with its giant 33-litre fuel tank and extra-long suspension – you feel you could conquer the world. Between them they accounted for more than 2,000 UK sales last year, with the Triple Black taking the lion's share.

Cases were probably another £750 on top.

Rrp for a fully specced TB GSA was higher than that. About 14.5k as I recall.
I paid £11k for my very low mileage TB GSA in 2015! A bargain then!

Some were discounted in 2013 owing to arrival of LC model.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Rrp for a fully specced TB GSA was higher than that. About 14.5k as I recall.
I paid £11k for my very low mileage TB GSA in 2015! A bargain then!

Some were discounted in 2013 owing to arrival of LC model.

Very low mileage how many if you don't mind me asking? I have the possibility of a 12 plate 951 miles from new but I think the ball park figure Ive been given from the dealer is a quite high.

Very low mileage how many if you don't mind me asking? I have the possibility of a 12 plate 951 miles from new but I think the ball park figure Ive been given from the dealer is a quite high.

No worries:
2012 Triple Black GSA. One owner from new, just under 3,000 miles, all the optional extras, 3x alloy boxes (These were slightly used and I suspect not new when the bike was originally bought). "62" plate. I paid £11k from Williams in June 2015.

The bike has done about 35,000 miles now... I love it!
I've had no problems at all, apart from worn out shocks at about 28k.

My rule of thumb is that these bikes devalue at about £1k per 10k miles. Age isn't so relevant if the condition is right: I reckon they devalue at just a few hundred £s per year.

For a 2012 minter with such low mileage, one owner and with a decent warranty, I would happily pay £10k .
You could buy a newer model for that amount, but I rate the late TCs!

No worries:
2012 Triple Black GSA. One owner from new, just under 3,000 miles, all the optional extras, 3x alloy boxes (These were slightly used and I suspect not new when the bike was originally bought). "62" plate. I paid £11k from Williams in June 2015.

The bike has done about 35,000 miles now... I love it!
I've had no problems at all, apart from worn out shocks at about 28k.

My rule of thumb is that these bikes devalue at about £1k per 10k miles. Age isn't so relevant if the condition is right: I reckon they devalue at just a few hundred £s per year.

For a 2012 minter with such low mileage, one owner and with a decent warranty, I would happily pay £10k .
You could buy a newer model for that amount, but I rate the late TCs!

well its a minter 951 miles from new £11,385 is the asking!! with Bmw warranty That is pretty much 10,000 mile LC GSA money and I do like them but I feel the tech is getting out of hand....So I'm torn! 951 mile twin cam is a one off without a doubt...

They must have a good margin in that. £1k off?
Especially if you're not trading in.
I think I'd still go for the TC over the LC!

PS. Just realised.... Mine is on a 12 plate...... Could have sworn it was on a 62!

well its a minter 951 miles from new £11,385 is the asking!! with Bmw warranty That is pretty much 10,000 mile LC GSA money and I do like them but I feel the tech is getting out of hand....So I'm torn! 951 mile twin cam is a one off without a doubt...

How many miles do you expect to do? Add that to the 1000 miles on this one. Then find the fair price to buy right now. It will be a lot less but you can decide if the low miles premium is worth the money. It does sound a lot to me.

I bought a 2000 mile old 2012 TC GSA from a dealer (mint, fsh, warranty etc).
2 years ago it cost me £11k after haggling.

In comparison your price seems steep two years hence but its lower mileage and is a triple black (slight premium?).

They've got a lot of profit in that. I tink if you waved cash at them and stuck your ground, you'd get that for £10750, possibly less...

Back
Top Bottom