Schuberth C4 Visor Misting

Slowcoach

Reaction score
Got a new Schuberth C4 helmet but the "pinlock" it comes fitted with doesn't seem to fit. I have turned the pins to put max and re seated it but it still has a 5mm gap at the bottom of the visor. Anybody sorted this?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
It's a common problem.

I've just had my visor/pinlock replaced.Not tried it yet but seems to fit perfectly.Will find out as off to Spain tomorrow.

Sorted..

Much fiddling about then tried it right up near the top of the visor and bingo, now have a seal. Visor now functions properly, no misting up. Why do Shuberth ship them like this? i.e. not fitted properly! Nothing to do with Brexit lol?

It's a common problem.

I've just had my visor/pinlock replaced.Not tried it yet but seems to fit perfectly.Will find out as off to Spain tomorrow.

FFS! I wish I could afford an adventure every couple of months to a Southern Europe

Alright for some, huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a common problem.

How did you go about that? Where do I go?

Got a new Schuberth C4 helmet but the "pinlock" it comes fitted with doesn't seem to fit. I have turned the pins to put max and re seated it but it still has a 5mm gap at the bottom of the visor. Anybody sorted this?

Thanks for any advice.

Had the same recently. Bottom part of the visor was misted and when I tried to clean it found it was between the 2 layers. Really annoying. Had to stop, fiddle about a bit, remove the condensation and make sure the fit was snug again.

I picked up the phone to Pete at JustHelmets.

Bummer dude. Didn't buy from Pete as I wanted it as early as possible. Does anyone happen to know whether there are Schuberth service centres or anything like that I (we) could go to?

Bummer dude. Didn't buy from Pete as I wanted it as early as possible. Does anyone happen to know whether there are Schuberth service centres or anything like that I (we) could go to?

Bugger .

I only use Pete these days for situations just like this .

It's a rubbish lid. Been really disappointed with mine. It mists up even when it's not cold, it's Really creaky as well under any flexing. Air flow is quite poor. Hurts my ears even though it's a size up. Got the neotec back out. My mate bought a c4 as well and he has the same issues

Used mine all last week in wettest Wales through many heavy downpours. No probs at all.

What is it with the Schuberth quality control that some are fine, others pants.

Used mine all last week in wettest Wales through many heavy downpours. No probs at all.

What is it with the Schuberth quality control that some are fine, others pants.

My first visor didn't leak but the pinlock was faulty. Second visor has good pinlock but it leaks. Dunno how as it seems a good seal against the rubber strip

My E1 so far is good, had Schuberth "pinlock" changed for proper pinlock and it is fine now. Schuberth "pinlock" and it is great now. Although visor vent could be another 1"-1.5" longer overall to create a better visor ventilation.

I have tried C4 on and had a test ride with one on too. I thought it was a number of steps back when comparing to my 5 year old C3 Pro. Chin vent push to open function is a gimmick and does let hardly any air in but venting over the top of my head was good.

Schuberth dropped the ball with the C4. The liner isn't as good as C3, pinlock issues, comm issues, uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom