Dane Lyngby trousers...or alternatives?

deksawyer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After having my Klim Lattitude trousers repaired a month or so ago, it appears they still leak so Gore have offered me a refund. I'm now looking for something else.

What are the Lyngby trousers like? How is the size - are they made big, small or pretty much on the money? Also, how are the braces attached?

I'm also looking at the Goretex Pro Revit trousers as well, Dominators and the Poseidon. Thoughts on these?

Of course I could get another pair of Klim trousers, but which ones?

Cheers

Deek.

I have a pair together with braces. Sizing is pretty much on the money (I'm size 58 and have a 40" tosser belly). The Dane braces fit via loops on trouser and are very comfortable.

For me, comfort and fitting were paramount in my choice. I tried all the usual 3-Layer laminate alternatives, from Rukka, BMW, Held, Revit etc, and for me the Dane gear was the most comfortable for riding and walking about in when touring. Manufactured to what seems high quality and design. Mine have never leaked and I've been some real downpours whilst touring in Europe.

+1. Very pleased with mine. Where did you get the braces, I have not found anyone that has them so far?

That's great, thanks. Previously when I have looked on Dane's own site it mentioned braces in trouser specs but didn't appear to actually list them anywhere. Or maybe it was just me being a dick, wouldn't be the first time........

Going back to the OP, sizing I have found to be perfect, but the cut is quite close fitting. Once established the size I needed, jacket and trousers very comfortable and perfect fit for me at least. I also believe that there is a longer length option available. There don't appear to be many stockists at the moment but I would strongly suggest you have a look if you can. I have had a variety of kit over the years and the Dane stuff I have now is easily the best yet.

Edit:

Just had a search and there are quite a few more new dealers listed now, but none further north than Leeds!

Thanks guys.

I am worried they won't fit over my Forma Adventure boots....any insight into this? As you say, no nearby stockists.

D.

Thanks guys.

I am worried they won't fit over my Forma Adventure boots....any insight into this? As you say, no nearby stockists.

D.

The lyngby trousers have a great pull-cord adjustment and zipper at the leg end.... photos included on this review here....

https://www.mslmagazine.co.uk/tested-dane-osted-jacket-lyngby-trousers-review/

I find this pull-cord and zipper arrangement much better than previous Rukka trousers with Velcro type closures.

The trouser goes over my W2 Adventure boots OK, but is a little tight. Can't advise about Forma boots though.

Back
Top Bottom