Help! Bumot Top Box on 2004 R1200GS

Mr K

Reaction score
Anyone fitted a Bumot Top Box rack to a 2004 1200GS?
Been supplied with the above after a lengthy wait but the mounting points for the rack on the 'seat platform' do not exist.
Vendor does not understand what I mean, despite pictures emailed.
Help please.... before all my wee evaporates...

:tears:tears:tears:tears:tears:tears:tears:tears:tears

Images via Google. This is the low height rack mount on a GS.

For the pillion seat position you will need a seat carrier plate. But the GS high carrier/pillion grab rails will probably get in the way.

r12gstopcase.jpg

All the pictures show the face-lifted model- My 2004 model does not havebolts/holes corresponding to the mounting holes in the rack.
I want to fit the rack in the normal place.

In what way does it not fit?

I mean an ordinary Givi plate does not actually fit, but P clips and spacers will have it fitted nicely. So can your Bumot be fitted in similar ways?

What happens if you take the Givi plate off its rack frame? Can the Bumot be made to fit in its place?

TBH I'd send it back and get a Givi alloy Trekker case.

I have agreed to return the top-box and 2 rack/fitting kits which I now have for a refund.

:surrender

Ive got an alloy/ plastic givi box on my 1200 , which takes 2 lids and lots of camping stuff as its a rounded shape .i made a bomb proof mount for it today.well pleased.

I have a Givi Trekker case though not the Outback "adventure" style. It holds two full face helmets and bits & stuff.

The Outback is slightly more stylish but IMO the larger ones look like mobile luggage even on a GSA.

Back
Top Bottom