No MOT for 40 year vehicles "rolling"

Looks like my 1962 Morris Minor might have just had its last compulsory MOT this year :beerjug:

The only worry is lots of cars that would never pass a mot will be tarted up and sold on for a quick buck :eek:

The only worry is lots of cars that would never pass a mot will be tarted up and sold on for a quick buck :eek:[/QUOTE]

Not compulsory but if buying a classic vehicle you could ask for one to be done, if selling, you could also get one done to perhaps make it worth more than a similar vehicle without one?

The only worry is lots of cars that would never pass a mot will be tarted up and sold on for a quick buck :eek:

Not compulsory but if buying a classic vehicle you could ask for one to be done, if selling, you could also get one done to perhaps make it worth more than a similar vehicle without one?[/QUOTE]

Some buyers wont know its even possible to mot a exempt car and fall for buying scrap with fresh paint and a couple of grand cheaper than a good one will find a gullible punter quick enough.

I'm interested to know what they will consider to be modified as I have a 57 Thunderbird that I'd like to alter slightly along these lines :rolleyes:

I'm interested to know what they will consider to be modified as I have a 57 Thunderbird that I'd like to alter slightly along these lines :rolleyes:

Or how modified vehicles could even be identified as needing an MOT and how such would be monitored for compliance

So my mobylette restoration will be tax and mot free :rolleyes:
big deal:aidan

Back
Top Bottom