Fitting issues with my 'new' 1150GSA

lmg

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, I bought an 1150GSA-SE and rode it home today, and have noted some things about it:

1. The footpeg vs gear lever are MUCH closer together than my 1200. With my size 13 feet I'm changing gear with the lip of my left boot rather than 'foot under lever' normal approach - are there ways accommodate my giants foot?

2. The side stand seems to locate between the footpeg and gear lever - i.e. In order to extend the side stand I have to pick (with my size 13 boot) the side stand out from between them and risk knocking the bike in to gear. Is this normal? If so, are there mods around to make this easier?

3. There seem to be din 12v sockets on the side of the gearbox - is this correct?

4. Back to the footpegs - I have long legs and with the stock seat on my legs are quite bent on the bike. What's are the lowest footpeg lowering kit out there to give me less bend?

5. Fuel gauge - coming from the 1200 world and its luck of the draw approach to whether the fuel level film strip fucks up when you go on a ride, I have noticed that the 1150s gauge seems to 'bounce' from fuel level segment up and down. Perhaps that's not quite clear - when the level drops down a segment on the gauge it often goes back up one segment and then down again and back up again for a time before it settles. Is this normal?

6. My bike has servo brakes (i.e. Bloody severe front braking) and abs. I believe some people remove the abs system which is located under the tank and put in a 2nd battery. Is this a relatively easy thing to do?

7. What's the output from the bikes altinataor? I'm trying to work out what it can power.

That's all for now. I'm quite happy with the engine performance compared to the 12 and the gear box seems slightly better imho.

617f1cc0c8b0dd556af67349b096931f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the info you want is in this section, 1150 owners don't need to be spoon fed the basics something else you'll get to grips with :D
BTW use your heel for the side stand like you should ;)

So, I bought an 1150GSA-SE and rode it home today, and have noted some things about it:

1. The footpeg vs gear lever are MUCH closer together than my 1200. With my size 13 feet I'm changing gear with the lip of my left boot rather than 'foot under lever' normal approach - are there ways accommodate my giants foot? TT do a length extendable gear lever

2. The side stand seems to locate between the footpeg and gear lever - i.e. In order to extend the side stand I have to pick (with my size 13 boot) the side stand out from between them and risk knocking the bike in to gear. Is this normal? If so, are there mods around to make this easier? Yes, not much, but you get used to it

3. There seem to be din 12v sockets on the side of the gearbox - is this correct? Yes, all correct and one on beak too

4. Back to the footpegs - I have long legs and with the stock seat on my legs are quite bent on the bike. What's are the lowest footpeg lowering kit out there to give me less bend? Wunderlich or Verholen used to do one, not sure if they are still made though

5. Fuel gauge - coming from the 1200 world and its luck of the draw approach to whether the fuel level film strip fucks up when you go on a ride, I have noticed that the 1150s gauge seems to 'bounce' from fuel level segment up and down. Perhaps that's not quite clear - when the level drops down a segment on the gauge it often goes back up one segment and then down again and back up again for a time before it settles. Is this normal? Yes it's normal - the fuel gauge is a mechanical unit so quite accurate but can vary between 2 bikes. You get used to yours

6. My bike has servo brakes (i.e. Bloody severe front braking) and abs. I believe some people remove the abs system which is located under the tank and put in a 2nd battery. Is this a relatively easy thing to do? No second battery, just re-plumb to direct from MC to caliper

7. What's the output from the bikes altinataor? I'm trying to work out what it can power. If your bike has HG and Servo ABS - you have the high output alternator (not sure of exact output though)

That's all for now. I'm quite happy with the engine performance compared to the 12 and the gear box seems slightly better imho.

617f1cc0c8b0dd556af67349b096931f.jpg

Some answers, although other more knowledgeable owners will also chip in, as my answers are not definitive

Some answers, although other more knowledgeable owners will also chip in, as my answers are not definitive

Thanks JB - I didnt even clock the beak 12v socket. I shall go look again tomorrow.

Do you happen to know if any or all are direct to the battery so I can use them with my optimate?

Thanks JB - I didnt even clock the beak 12v socket. I shall go look again tomorrow.

Do you happen to know if any or all are direct to the battery so I can use them with my optimate?

Yes all direct to battery, via loom so will charge it via an Optimate/CTEK

Easy enough to remove the servo but you'll loose the ABS too. If you're off on a round-world trip I'd remove it before you go, but for normal use just very regular fluid changes ( 4 fluid circuits, 2front 2rear) should keep it healthy.

Does anyone have a set of touratech footpeg lowering do dahs?

And does anyone have a touratech adjustable gear lever to sell?

When I put Migsel pegs (lovely) on my 1100GS, I extended the brake and clutch levers by 40mm.

I'm keen to know what the cylinder attached to the right side pannier mount is - can someone point me in the right direction please?

Back
Top Bottom