Some lovely stuff does come up on Ebay - a very very special R100RS

That's been on there before for £5500 and didn't get a bid which I was suprised at as it's a fabulous bike. I'd pay that for it but definitely not 8 grand unless I had a lot more money than I do now

[QUOTEI think that it is a good time to buy "quality" airheads[/QUOTE]
Happily, Bill, I came to that conclusion some years ago and acted on it.:beerjug:

I reckon he still loves to wheel it out and gaze at it, his wife is probably making him sell it so the high price is his peace of mind that it not going to go.

[QUOTEI think that it is a good time to buy "quality" airheads
Happily, Bill, I came to that conclusion some years ago and acted on it.:beerjug:[/QUOTE]

10 years ago I had 10+ ...... including 4 PD's and 2 Basics

Unfortunately I have only kept 4 - R90S - R100GSPD - R100RS MotorSport and an R80

10 +bikes .......what did the wife have to say about that, or did you not tell her ?!!!! Maybe they were all the same colour and never noticed!!!
Mind you, if I had the space, and the cash, .........

10 +bikes .......what did the wife have to say about that, or did you not tell her ?!!!! Maybe they were all the same colour and never noticed!!!

I did go mad, maybe it was some kind of mid-life crisis ....... I would have kept buying BM's had we not moved to France as there were a few that I still wanted, particularly the R69S and the R50/2

It's when I started collecting Merc W124's she became a little up happy as I could keep all the Bikes out of sight....... I had a lovely 300CE and a couple of Estates ........ fortunately I had a motor trade insurance policy through a company that I part owned, so it was easy to add cars and swop and change

a posting wobble

Thats horrible! reminds me of the BMW owners bikes back in the days when they actually rode bikes.

Lester Alloys and a Heinrich Tank +++++++++++++

I think that it is a good time to buy "quality" airheads

Lester wheels.... I'd pay someone to take them away. They really are utter shite. Bearings last as long as a tank of petrol.

And there's far too many Heinrich copies out there. I've been offered a few in the past, metal tanks as well not the obvious plastic copies.

Bill, you've missed the "buy a quality" airhead boat by many years.
As they say, "if you see a bandwagon you've missed the bus".

Very nice...but Lester wheels only last about 200 yards :D

You were lucky, that must have been a good pair.

Bill, you've missed the "buy a quality" airhead boat by many years.
As they say, "if you see a bandwagon you've missed the bus".

Evening Neil,

still repeating the same old broken record ......."if you see a bandwagon you've missed the bus". ........

OK I shifted a lot a few years ago and the R80GS Basics have gone, but I got £7,5k, (Spanish buyer), for the last one 7 years ago

and I've still got a few, that I bought well 10 to 20 years ago .......... I think that they have reasonable value now ... they'll buy me the odd meal or two if need be

maybe add an R69S

R90S_100.jpg

R80_10th_1.jpg

100RS.jpg

100PD.jpg

The 4 of them must be worth £20k + ... but that doesn't get you a good meal these days, does it ... I may ship one Bike to South Africa where we spend a couple of months in the winter

the 911 which I bought new in 1989 and with still only 60,000 miles on the clock ..... was not a bad buy, still drive it now and again, but only in the rain! ........ have you still got yours by the way?

911.jpg

also still gets used for the odd wedding, my daughters

911_2.jpg

I had to get rid of my W124's when we moved to France and my 1954 MGTF went ...... could not bring them all out with me apart from a couple of MG's and a Cabriolet Beetle ......... which I plan to sell asap

CE.jpg

You don't want a rubber-ised MGB, (or a midget, bought new in 1976 and only used for 4 years .... travelled more miles on trailers when we have moved house , than wheels turned...... but the poor little thing is BL rotting away - shame!) do you ........ as these have got to go

MGB.jpg

or a LHD Beetle, (suit your film-star life?) ...... as I'm clearing the Barns out

Beetle.jpg

or maybe I should have a ball on EBay France

unfortunately my SAAB Aero is going down in value, even though I much prefer it to them all .......... but I have always loved SAAB's and Heinrich tanks, Lester wheels I can live without

SAAB_30.jpg

so the boat is always "relative" and maybe we all have always "missed the boat" ........ but I've never been a sailor ........... stock market been hit in the last couple of weeks ....... another boat that has been missed, this time in the opposite direction ........ maybe in for a stormy ride

Beautiful day here in SW France ........ but back to Winchester in a couple of weeks for a month or so ....... hope the central heating will be working

now should I buy a R69S or 635D ........ my wife says neither ...... and anyway where would I put them? .... we are supposed to be de-cluttering in my advancing years

watches, I can hide

How do I block all posts from this guy?

There usually an ignore button on most forums ....... but I cannot see it ......... maybe there is something in your profile that will allow you to ignore my postings ....... usually easily done ......... have a search around

How do I block all posts from this guy?

At the top of the page look at the yellow sub bar under the main blue bar, click on "forum actions', click on "general settings" then on the left hand side of the page click on "edit ignore list". Add BillN and jobs a good un.

Cant imagine you would be the first.

:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom