Billet 6 Caliper for Airheads

BillN

Reaction score
Seeing the R100GS bike ad reminder me of the replacement caliber for BM's ........... it looks like they are still in business

anyone got one fitted to their Bike

If so what do you think?

(been replacing the seals on the Brembo on my R100GS PD ...... and although I intend to sell the Bike I may just fit a Billet to see what they are like)

looks as though they are £220 + VAT + the cost of 6 Pads, then I suppose that you need a braided SS brake line ..... so probably almost £350 in total

Hi Bill,
I have a Billet 6 piston fitted to my 100GS PD - was on the bike when I bought it. Have done around 70,000 miles on the bike, and brake always worked as it should, and only changed pads twice I think. Works splendidly, easy to remove pads and clean, even has stainless pins that hold the pads in. And yes, I fitted a Venhill braided hose, enabling me to remove the little BMW metal pipe that sits between the calliper and the BMW rubber hose.
However, when I sent calliper back to Billet for a full service, which only cost around £70 inc postage, it was a bit of a bugger to bleed the system- no fault of Billets, just the nature of the calliper construction. Had to remove the calliper from the forks, and waggle it around to get air to the bleed nipple! After that faff, I fitted an auto bleed nipple for about £6 from Demon Tweaks - lot less trouble to bleed now, but still a bit tedious, compared to a single piston.
Expensive yes, but reliable, and full back-up from Billet if required, who seem a very friendly and helpful bunch.

Hi Bill,
I have a Billet 6 piston fitted to my 100GS PD - was on the bike when I bought it. Have done around 70,000 miles on the bike, and brake always worked as it should, and only changed pads twice I think. Works splendidly, easy to remove pads and clean, even has stainless pins that hold the pads in. And yes, I fitted a Venhill braided hose, enabling me to remove the little BMW metal pipe that sits between the calliper and the BMW rubber hose.
However, when I sent calliper back to Billet for a full service, which only cost around £70 inc postage, it was a bit of a bugger to bleed the system- no fault of Billets, just the nature of the calliper construction. Had to remove the calliper from the forks, and waggle it around to get air to the bleed nipple! After that faff, I fitted an auto bleed nipple for about £6 from Demon Tweaks - lot less trouble to bleed now, but still a bit tedious, compared to a single piston.
Expensive yes, but reliable, and full back-up from Billet if required, who seem a very friendly and helpful bunch.

Thanks Roger, that's really useful ...... I tried to call Billet, yesterday and today, but the phone kept ringing, so I have sent them an email

Thanks again

Is yours the same as mine ( was 10 years ago so cannot remember ). This had just one piece pads in. Did what it said on the tin :thumb2

Edit:- Cancel that, mine were four potters :beerjug:

Attachments

• 2007_0406_140222AA.JPG
    2007_0406_140222AA.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 656
  • 2007_0406_140447AA.JPG
    2007_0406_140447AA.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 645
No, my Billet is different- sits to the front of the fork leg and hose enters in different place-

4bb2586f66f6f7dc660ed1109f51eabb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 643
I just have the bigger disk kit fitted and combined with the rear hub warmer stops fine. I don't even need a calendar to plan stopping distances anymore!

I think you just contact them and theyll make one to suit. I believe thats what they did for kev.

I have a late 1150/early 1200 4 pot Caliper on my 100GS works a treat and cost £35. One of the guys tried it on his and did mention his master cylinder had more travel than it did with his standard caliper. Mine seems fine but I am running rubber hoses.

I did have a MDF template for the dural bracket but Shep borrowed it when he had his 100GS and its never been seen again.

I think you just contact them and theyll make one to suit. I believe thats what they did for kev.

I have a late 1150/early 1200 4 pot Caliper on my 100GS works a treat and cost £35. One of the guys tried it on his and did mention his master cylinder had more travel than it did with his standard caliper. Mine seems fine but I am running rubber hoses.

I did have a MDF template for the dural bracket but Shep borrowed it when he had his 100GS and its never been seen again.

1150/early 1200 4 pot Caliper - MDF template ... is that to act as a guide to machine it down so it fits ....... or did he use it at IKEA?

1150/early 1200 4 pot Caliper - MDF template ... is that to act as a guide to machine it down so it fits ....... or did he use it at IKEA?

..The bracket was a made with a hacksaw and a drill. I made a template of it in case anybody else wanted to make one. Unfortunately it never made it back from its first outing.

..The bracket was a made with a hacksaw and a drill. I made a template of it in case anybody else wanted to make one. Unfortunately it never made it back from its first outing.

Bugger I forgot about that!! Really sorry I'll see if I can find it but I've moved twice since!!!!!

Seeing the R100GS bike ad reminder me of the replacement caliber for BM's ........... it looks like they are still in business

anyone got one fitted to their Bike

If so what do you think?

(been replacing the seals on the Brembo on my R100GS PD ...... and although I intend to sell the Bike I may just fit a Billet to see what they are like)

looks as though they are £220 + VAT + the cost of 6 Pads, then I suppose that you need a braided SS brake line ..... so probably almost £350 in total

One of my customers offered me one that he’d removed from his bike prior to sale,
It had only been on for 300 miles,I can pas you his contact details if it’s still available?

One of my customers offered me one that he’d removed from his bike prior to sale,
It had only been on for 300 miles,I can pas you his contact details if it’s still available?

Thanks Mike, but I kept the original Brembo ........ brought the Bike, (R100GS PD), back to the UK and will advertise it for sale later in the year

I have a pretech on my ST after seeing EnglandKev’s one.
I went to see them at their wee industrial unit. They are a small company, but easy to talk to and deal with.
My ST now stops properly, and the caliper uses proprietary pads (same as a Suzi GSX I believe....I have the details somewhere...so can get pads easily.)
Phone them and talk thru’ what you need and they can make any caliper to fit any bike.

Bubb

Still have the Billet on mine Bill - came with the ‘bike when I bought it 15yrs ago so can’t compare its ability to the original pot but must say, the triple braking effect is incredible and really does ‘put the brakes on’ :eek:

Jim MCS :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom