Airhead Event 2018

Airhead event

This will probably the best ever Airhead event. Peter has put in a massive amount of work and has a great line up of speakers. It is pretty well sold out though I believe day tickets may also be available.

Airhead event

This is now a total sell out. 200 different Airhead models through the ages and an amazing line up of speakers👏👏👏

The event is now closed for attendance except for Sunday, were for £5 people can attend, look / buy at the various vendor stalls and look at various airhead machines on display. They will be excluded from the various talks and demonstrations.

The event is now closed for attendance except for Sunday, were for £5 people can attend, look / buy at the various vendor stalls and look at various airhead machines on display. They will be excluded from the various talks and demonstrations.
That’s good. I promised my B&B host he can come along on his Sunbeam.

Airhead Event

The Event confirmed the attendance of Hans Muth, Elspeth Beard, Ted Simon and Sam Manicom. On the technical side, Bob Porecha, Steve Scriminger and Ian Clarke are also attending, with a further 12 presenters of different topics. The plan is to have at least four activities or presentations going on at any one time. This information is for Tossers that have already booked, the event is now fully subscribed.
Anyone is welcome to attend on the Sunday, but will be exempt from the various presentations / activities. The fee for that entry is £5. All profits go to the Air Ambulance.

More Tickets Available - need to move fast!

A quote from an email I received today:

"You all know we sold out of tickets for The Airhead Event back in January. Too many people would just mean that rooms would be packed and people wouldn't be able to see the tech tutorials or hear any of the speakers Right? Right. So now I've booked a couple of extra rooms and more speakers/presenters.

SO TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN!

At the moment I've limited the number of extra tickets to 50 and I've turned away about 85 people in the last month who wanted to come so these are just going to be sold on a strictly first-come-first-served basis from this moment on.

IF I can get more people willing to give presentations then we could release more tickets but don't raise your hopes. I suspect this will be the last batch of tickets I release.
To apply for one please fill in the booking form downloadable from the website www.theairhead.co.uk"

Brian,
I live down the road near Scunthorpe, I can easily do day visits, will there be pedestrian and/or bike access to the event each day or will I need to book tickets in advance for entry.

Attendance

You need to book in advance and quickly if you want full attendance. Demand seems to be higher than available tickets.

It will be possible to enter on the Sunday to look around the bikes and trade stands for a lesser fee, but you would be excluded from all the events / presentations.

I'm planning on attending for the day only on Sunday.

About 80 miles each way, should probably just do that round trip on 1 brimming tankful on the 80ST.

Might fill up on the way back, treat her to some Shell super at Waitrose in Lincoln :D

Tickets

There are 6 tickets left for the whole event if anyone is interested?

There are now no three day tickets left (or rooms available). There is no camping at the venue, there is a site nearby apparently.

There is one Sunday ticket available due to a cancellation.

What is the score on attending 1 day only?

Can this be either Saturday or Sunday?

Not asking to get to lectures/talks, but just to get to the event, get the atmosphere, see the traders, shoot the breeze with other airhead owners.

Hi Tufty,
Might well come along on the Sunday too, but not on the Airhead sadly. Still waiting to get my speedo back from Mr Wirespokes in Oregon. So have to be on the F700 - doesn't seem right somehow!

You can only attend on the Sunday as a day visitor.

Brian, I am withholding comment on how this has been advertised until I have attended and seen for myself. However, so far, it's not been plain, easy nor welcoming!

I shall PM with you with my views, should I have any, after attending on Sunday.

Brian.

What have you got on site in the way of 'catering' for Sunday visitors?

I have a 2 hour ride to get there and will be hoping to get a breakfast/bacon roll/coffee etc, oh, and if the weather continues (fingers crossed for you) cold drinks through the day.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom