New Africa Twin DCT

Ive done the deal with a mate with doble on a dct as well dakar red £200 in £66 a month got delivery free no extras but will probably have to change the screen and add oxford heated grips

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

You lot are like rats jumping from a sinking ship!:D

Ive done the deal with a mate with doble on a dct as well dakar red £200 in £66 a month got delivery free no extras but will probably have to change the screen and add oxford heated grips

I've just got that deal but without delivery :D
I do love a bargain :blast

For £2.20 a day its a no brainer.

Was yours a pcp deal too ?

Yes.

PCP 3 years. No deposit. £70pcm. 4000 miles max per year if you intend handing it back.

Which, in my mind, is a good deal.

Bang the big miles on my GSA anyway.

Ive just added the extra year warranty and European breakdown cover

£90 per thousand over your mileage

Or £60 per thousand if it is 6p per mile....either way not huge sums

When I sat chatting to the dealer, he said it wasn't a biggy if you were giving him the bike back. He said he was not going to be checking and doing all the maths to work out residual etc etc. Honda would, if you had it collected, but return to dealer...small things he said within reason..BTW servicing was quoted as £99 for 600 mile service
£110 80000
£570 16 000
and a service plan was £675 for 3 services, so you save £104 odd quid, but servicing had to be done in a 2 year window. So if you're not going to reach the 16k service, you're lots out....

Do the services have to be done by an actual Honda shop, or would any proper bike shop be OK?

I asked this---service can be done by any independent as long as genuine Honda parts are used and the service schedule is followed. Dealers classic common sense response was " our techs service their own bikes, so no...it doesn't have too be a dealer service to keep within the warranty"..

A refreshing change from BMW park Lane's pathetic. poor, inadequate, shoddy response to a lack of service history. Cnts.

When I sat chatting to the dealer, he said it wasn't a biggy if you were giving him the bike back. He said he was not going to be checking and doing all the maths to work out residual etc etc. Honda would, if you had it collected, but return to dealer...small things he said within reason..BTW servicing was quoted as £99 for 600 mile service
£110 80000
£570 16 000
and a service plan was £675 for 3 services, so you save £104 odd quid, but servicing had to be done in a 2 year window. So if you're not going to reach the 16k service, you're lots out....
So, to make the service plan worthwhile, you have to double the pcp mileage limit?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

his honest words were " youre saving over 3 services". Are you definitely going to do 16k in 2 years...probably not given that bike reg is end of September, guess Oct for 600.
Then next service is an annual or the 8000
then next servic e is the annual or 16k

if you don't make the 16k in 2 years, then you have paid £570 for a 16k service but as you won't need it, you'll just get the usual annual service.....if unsure that you will defo make the mileage, he suggested to not take the service plan. I didn't....

What has bike reg date got to do with annual mileage?

Anyway, my point was, if someone does ~8k yr to include the 16k service and make the service plan worthwhile, that would make for a hefty excess mileage charge at the end of the pcp term, assuming the bike was being handed back that is.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

You are correct phil thats how i looked at it! Its a second bike for me so no more than 4k so i didn't bother with the service plan.

Back
Top Bottom