Anyone recognise this - Airhead part

BillN

Reaction score
the bigger part on the left

I have put it alongside a normal Airhead Exhaust Rose nut for a size comparison ...... it is NOT threaded

although it does not look it - the inner diameter is slightly smaller than the one of the right - 50mm versus 46mm

Flange_1.jpg

Flange_2.jpg

a few years ago I had an XT500 with an upgraded engine ...... could it be from that?

Yes, not a guzzi one but the same fixing arrangement

Attachments

• IMG_0169.JPG
    IMG_0169.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 296
My old 1978 guzzi california has a similar fixing, can't confirm the size as the bike isn't kept here.

My old 1978 guzzi california has a similar fixing, can't confirm the size as the bike isn't kept here.

Makes a nice paper weight

My next door neighbour reckons that "coke" the stuff you drink! is good for cleaning alloy parts

My next door neighbour reckons that "coke" the stuff you drink! is good for cleaning alloy parts

Have you lived in a cave for the last 50 years ? We used to clean old pennies in coke back in my infant school days.

Ask your neighbour about velcro, that'll really blow your mind.

Have you lived in a cave for the last 50 years ? We used to clean old pennies in coke back in my infant school days.

Ask your neighbour about velcro, that'll really blow your mind.

all the pennies I had were copper ............. are you saying that "pennies" 50 years ago were alloy .............. they did contain a very small amount of "other material" - about 2% to 3% I think ......... and of course they became worth more than a 240th of £1 when copper prices shot up.

I have found that "coke" the drink that is, has little effect on BMW alloy casings ........but maybe your experience is different or do you have a certain mixture being the font of all knowledge

Dandelion and Burdock also worked well on the 2 pennies you got when taking the bottle back

Back
Top Bottom