f700gs and heed engine bars (brake/abs lines fouling crash bar)

Jak6623

Reaction score
Hello all. Just fitted heed bars and they are a great job. However the left brake line and abs line when the suspension is suppressed and the wheel is turned are grazing against the top support bar for the crash bars that goes across the radiator. It is not catching but I can on occasion feel it and can view it from the seat. Have tried re-positioning clips on the brake and abs lines and even loosely cable tying the brake and abs line to the front mudguard where the brake runs from the left to the right caliper. Unfortunately all to no avail as the lines under compression are still grazing the engine bar but thankfully not catching it to such an extent that the steering is compromised.
Anyone come across this?

heeds response

No one else seems to have come across this issue with the brake/abs lines and the upper support cross bar. Heed suggested moving the upper cross bar as far to the right as possible which I have done. Heed also suggested taping the brake/abs lines together. This I have not done. It will not stop the lines hitting the upper support bar but will limit the surface area for it to catch on.

Back
Top Bottom