Cough/splutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobby

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Help needed guys, using my brothers 1150 Gsa at the mo and its developed a totally random cough/splutter when hot between 1500/2600 rpm. It can be on a left or right turn and pulling away. I thought it may have water in tank as filler drain was blocked replaced filter check petrol. Checked over electrics all seems ok. Any ideas before I start buying bits, any help will be received with :bow seems like something braking down when hot?.

If only all R1150 GSA's were the same. Life would be so simple. Sadly they are not, so it helps when people asking for assistance can give a bit more information about their bike. The year would help. Pre 2003 the bike is likely to be a single spark. Post 2003 a twin spark.

:nenau

I would be checking the wiring from the ignition switch to where it is cable tied to the steering head.
Meant to say that's already been repaired a while ago and checked. throttle body's have all redone and setup.checked the hall sensor seems to be fine but the problem any shows its head when hot. I've checked side stands switch, I'm running out of ideas totally random when it happens.:confused:

Start engine and move steering from side to side noting if revs change, check for trapped throttle cables, really setup throttle synchronisation using carbtune vac gauges ? cured my fault before.

All that's been done including a zero zero reset. So far this week only done it once.

Where you setup tb butterflies stop to tsp then balance up

Hi Nobby - sorry to hear of your problem. So do I gather you pulled the tank off and went inside to replace the fuel filter ?
And the U-hose, fuel-resistant clamps and such ? Fitted a new O-ring when you re-inserted the unit ?
Have you checked the powerful jet of fuel exiting the tank as the output flow from the pump - it could almost knock your wig off it's so strong. And it's arriving at the injectors at full pressure ? No air gulps ?
Throttles balance after valve tappets check ?

otherwise, as above, the MoDiTec or cheaper laptop diagnostic kit should flirt up an error code of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom