Abs fault

(RIP) python

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all. My gs developed a abs fault yesterday and I'm relatively new to bikes with abs. I have had a search thro the forum but thought it would be quicker to just ask here. The front brake works fine. I hear the servo whining away but the rear doesn't. Any help as my next stage or am I best torching it. Nearest dealer to me is a three hour ride.

Hi. That's great. I had a look for a gs911. Where do you get them? Anyway. Yes. The brake light works with the rear brake. It done this fault before and I switched of the engine and it cleared. I have no problem removing the servo if that's the best way forward. :)

Hi. That's great. I had a look for a gs911. Where do you get them? Anyway. Yes. The brake light works with the rear brake. It done this fault before and I switched of the engine and it cleared. I have no problem removing the servo if that's the best way forward. :)

https://www.ilexa.co.uk/shop/GS-911

I got mine via ebay.

If your servo, ABS system has gone tits then removal is an option and there
are many threads and guides on "how to" on here and elsewhere.

Have you any rear braking?

I think I'll have to just rip it all out. Dreading it. :-(

If, as you say, the rear brake is working as normal and have not noticed any fall off in effectiveness
even though you are unable to detect the pump running in other words working fine, what's the problem?

Have you any warning lights on the display? Is the ABS working? (if fitted).

While i'm on. Looking for a good, reasonably priced BnB on Skye for me and my buddy.
Probably going across from Mallaig. Monday 2nd. Oct. Any suggestions other than google it? :D

To answer the questions I do have the red warning triangle and brake failure lights on. The rear will loo ck up if I want it to bit on normal riding ect there is no difference at all.

To answer the questions I do have the red warning triangle and brake failure lights on. The rear will loo ck up if I want it to bit on normal riding ect there is no difference at all.

Maybe the rear abs sensor is the problem.

Sorry to hijack your thread but my 2012 GSA has just put the same warning up today. Everything seems to be working ok. I'll check the brake light switches tomorrow but no idea where else to look. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

I had a dig around utube and watched some videos there. I also had loads of advice from the guys on here. I just had a look around my bike. Seen the contact for the rear switch was really dirty so I cleaned it. Next day I had a run and all was well. :)

The speedo's been playing up today as well. Not reading at all for about 5 mins each time and then kicks in and runs straight up to speed. Would I be right to suspect the rear ABS sensor? Brake light is working normally on both brakes.

The speedo's been playing up today as well. Not reading at all for about 5 mins each time and then kicks in and runs straight up to speed. Would I be right to suspect the rear ABS sensor? Brake light is working normally on both brakes.

Yes, rear sensor fault.

Back
Top Bottom