Schuberth C4 - First Impressions..

Good decision. I have learnt from a friendly dealer that Schuberth changed hands a few years ago (now in the hands of a venture capitalist company) and they seem to be penny pinching to the detriment of their helmets. Their Quality Control is none existant, some helmets are fine others are utter crap.

Interesting reading as I was just about to order a C4. Tried one on in my normal size a 61 and it felt to tight, went the next size up a 63, to big. Decided I would probably go for the 61 and hope it would bed in, but at that price having read your review, I am going to have to think again. I really liked the idea of integrated comms but it's no good if it is uncomfortable.
I did try the E1 on while I was in the shop, that felt really comfortable, perhaps that's the way to go, and sort out a suitable comms system. Just a thought, I wonder if Schuberth will bring integrated comms into the E1 eventually?
Thanks for the review, you might have saved me a lot of disappointment and money.

Yep - you dodged a bullet there.

I got my C4 (difficult to get hold of - some folk must be buying them) and survived an 8 hour ride in the rain with performance better than my previous C3.

The integrated comms is the future, no wires behind padding or exposed microphone.

I believe Scuberth supply a lot of F1 drivers who are known for using shite equipment.

I was thinking or replacing my C3 Pro next year for the C4 because of a couple of niggles with the C3, also with the new C4 Comms package (which I love the idea of rather than the bulky collar on the C3), you can't plug in earplugs with speakers in as they have lost the 3.5mm input.

Managed to get the niggles sorted on my C3 Pro via warranty so this thread has saved me the best part of a grand (helmet plus comms) :thumb2

RBW.

Well great service from Jamie @ moto central, they gave me a full refund without any arguing and I was told by one of the sales guys the vent trim falling off is common, I'm back to wearing my C3 pro and it's much more comfortable but I have an issue, the visor does not sit again the seal around the brow so when it rains it runs down the inside ?

Have you tried lubing the rubber with silicon. Mine leaked, but after advice, I now keep the visor rubbers supple with the silicon spray and no more leaks

Have you tried lubing the rubber with silicon. Mine leaked, but after advice, I now keep the visor rubbers supple with the silicon spray and no more leaks

There seems to be a 2mm gap from seal to visor, on my trip to Spain i ended up getting my mate to apply gaffer tape across the visor top to seal when it rained heavy.

Got a neotec, fantastic lid, best I've used, admittedly I use ear plugs, but I find it very good in rain or shine
Didn't get on with schuberth's
Probably a head shape thing.

Thanks for that SLOWCOACH. I have looked at the C4 and strangely , it was the comms that put me off. But like you , I love the C3 pro. Quiet, comfortable, and good for evertyjing. It is my go to helmet, even over my Arai Tour X4 and full face

The final insult...

Having returned the Schuberth stuff to Motolegends I noticed that after 1 week no refunds were showing up on my statement. So you call them. "Sorry our systems are down can I call you back". A 2m 53s call cost £1.44 from my mobile. This is an 0844 number, the longer the call the more money made! and they never did call back and, I'm still waiting for my refund. The saga continues...

I found the Shuberth comfortable but heavy and the visor mists up in rain. Open the pop forward visor and water sprays in. Not fun when you wear glasses. It’s also very chilling in winter and that causes the glasses to steam up.

I found the Shuberth comfortable but heavy and the visor mists up in rain. Open the pop forward visor and water sprays in. Not fun when you wear glasses. It’s also very chilling in winter and that causes the glasses to steam up.

C4 heavy !

What winter? They didn’t ship here until end of April this year, or did you perhaps have a pre-production demonstrator? Having said that, mine steamed up even May, but the faulty visor has been replaced. I find the C4 much lighter than my old System 5, but that may be all down to the way it fits.

Have you got it on the right way round?

Back
Top Bottom