Schuberth S2 Sport

younger06

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Due to a little mishap at the weekend, I'm in the market for a new helmet (jacket,trousers, boots and bike)

My lid that I........hmmmm.......scraped, was a Neotec and I loved it but I suspect it's going to be replaced soon in the range. I fancy something a bit sportier for a while.

It's either going to be a GT-Air or a Schuberth S2.

There are some good clearance deals going at the moment on the S2, so any thoughts from folks who have put miles up on one?

Done something stupid........ laps if judgement while doing an early morning overtake..... got clipped by a van and lucky to be able to joke about it.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I'm glad you're ok.:thumb

Back to the OP, I had a Schuberth S2 (non Sport), and it was extremely comfortable, and very quiet. I only sold it, as I wanted an Adv style lid. I've now got a Shoei GT Air.:rolleyes:

I'm glad you're ok.:thumb

Back to the OP, I had a Schuberth S2 (non Sport), and it was extremely comfortable, and very quiet. I only sold it, as I wanted an Adv style lid. I've now got a Shoei GT Air.:rolleyes:
The other contender is a GT-Air........ I have also started looking at the new HJC RPHA 70..........looks like it ticks all the boxes.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I had a GT-Air for a number of years, recently swapped to a S2 Sport, as the GT Air had started to feel a little baggy (lost a few stone-mostly off my heed it would seem) . Plus sides of the S2 feels slightly lighter (maybe as its a size smaller?), probably a bit noisier and has a better 1st detent on the visor. GT-Air feels better made (My S2 has had some trim clips break , replaced under warrenty). If I were buying again i'd get a GT-Air, , though given its been out for a while now I keep wondereing if a GT-Air2 is in offing sometime soon(ish)?

Seems to be a lot of deals on helmets at the moment........ must be some new models for 2018

Helmet City is riddled with bargains at the moment.

Sent from a OnePlusX.

I have an S2 that I wear for a change from my usual BMW GS helmet. It is very well made and the drop down dark visor inside is a feature that I don't have on some of my other helmets. Can't really fault it and it is much more streamlined than my peaked helmet for obvious reasons. Schuberths and BMW helmets are the only manufacturers that I have found that actually fit my head properly and without pressure points.

JimmyMac

Back
Top Bottom