Weaponised GSA

Just a few points ( I don't agree with) next door neighbour retired here from the midlands his son is a detective in a big city, and funnily I was discussing the ongoing scrote thieves saga in big cities. Well Ben the tech said no to pepper sprays wrecking bars ( my choice) screw drivers aerosol sprays of whatever variety, he said all can be classed as offensive weapons and are a no no. I said what can you do? and to put a finer point on it basically we are stuck. I said surely if you are being assaulted you can use similar force, which to that he said mmmm. Personally I'll keep the wrecking bar to hand.

Just a few points ( I don't agree with) next door neighbour retired here from the midlands his son is a detective in a big city, and funnily I was discussing the ongoing scrote thieves saga in big cities. Well Ben the tech said no to pepper sprays wrecking bars ( my choice) screw drivers aerosol sprays of whatever variety, he said all can be classed as offensive weapons and are a no no. I said what can you do? and to put a finer point on it basically we are stuck. I said surely if you are being assaulted you can use similar force, which to that he said mmmm. Personally I'll keep the wrecking bar to hand.

He is wrong in some respects.

There are certain weapons outlawed, firearms (CS spray is in the category).

All other things depends on its intended use. So a baseball bat in the car is a no no, unless a ball and glove is there as well ;)

Same as my extendable torch, have it in a place where a torch would be, and carry it like a torch, no issues, hide it like a baton and there would be some hard questions to answer.

The police are not stupid, you are unlikely as a normal member of society to get locked up, if you have a reasonable excuse for having such an item. If you are a little twat with previous for burglary, then its probable you are up to no good.

So screw drivers on a bike, no problems, aerosols, well sweaty work riding.

So they 'maybe' doesnt mean they will be.

One last point I forgot to mention. I'm seventy two and worked in rough environment and had some run ins with toe-rags and some low life characters. Invariably apart from drunks the so called thugs are cowards in my experience, keep your helmet on and go for it.

It's the premeditated aspect that'll have you being Bubba's bitch for many years.
Much like the difference between murder and manslaughter charges.

Same as offensive weapons and 'going equipped' without justifiable cause.

However,an act of self preservation in a state of panic would be different.
Such as fearfully swinging your strangely and suddenly accessible bike lock.
Although that wouldn't be likely to apply to 1200 owners because they don't lock their awesome steeds and then vent bile and pish when their unlocked and out of view steed gets nicked from a secluded bike bay. :augie

Can't help chuckling if the tea leaf got a face full from the can of chain lube or spray paint that happened to fall into a victim's hands during an altercation though. :D

I have keyless ignition so I would eat the key fob as quickly as possible, job done. You can't do this if they snatch the key from your ignition. :)

I make sure a tracker was on, hand them the bike, round up a well ard crew of biker mates and get medieval on them.

Although thinking about my local biker mates, their health, age and fitness levels, it may not go as well as hoped for...................

Andy what I don't agree with is supposition that we initiated the incident by trying to avoid being mugged robbed etc. The one serious incident I was involved with I was lucky that there was a witness who came forward and gave the police a statement. But it certainly gave me food for thought that I could have been charged with assault. I said to myself I'm going to keep the old Norski genes in check after this.

As it happens I actually do carry firearms on my bike sometimes, on the way to the range, my pistols or my HK MP5 'cos it fits in the top box with the telescopic stock on it :cool:

The problem is they are in the top box, with a lock on them and not loaded obviously, so not immediately usable (it's the law)

I'd be far more worried about having the guns nicked than the bike

The bike is insured and I'm no ninja

Andy what I don't agree with is supposition that we initiated the incident by trying to avoid being mugged robbed etc. The one serious incident I was involved with I was lucky that there was a witness who came forward and gave the police a statement. But it certainly gave me food for thought that I could have been charged with assault. I said to myself I'm going to keep the old Norski genes in check after this.

It all depends what you say. Being charged is not that easy with threshold tests. CPS (criminal protection service). Etc etc. Having no witnesses is just as good as one on your side, remember you do not have to prove innocence (unlike road traffic), they have to prove guilt. No longer is it even beyond reasonable doubt. It is not beyond all possible doubt, including ridiculous excuses.

Through my fairly vast experience, I have never seen anyone in custody with a decent background and gave a scrote a hiding. I have seen the odd drunk young muppet from a decent background who thinks he can fight the world.

I have been questioned about striking someone. Just button it take legal advice (usually do a prepared statement) etc and all will be well.

Such as fearfully swinging your strangely and suddenly accessible bike lock.

Not that where I live is bad for bike theft by bike jacking, but in days gone by it was the done thing to "wear" your bike chain all 4 foot of it and a fuck off padlock

I would imagine that it was quite a deterrent to people approaching to complain of anything :aidan

Oh in Answer to the Original Question, If I was in a high risk area??

Mainly Keeping my wits about me!

Keeping an eye on people watching me more than they need to

If I do have to stop? Leave enough room to, Fire out past and "escape"

I've got a fucking 100 bhp trail riding monster available

Anyway the Moral is DO SOMETHING!!!! Make like a scout and be prepared!

I recently watched a video where there is a camera equipped scooter rider stopped at traffic lights,

Some wee tracksuit wearing scrote (ALARM number 1) sits watching from the back of his similarly attired mate on the likes of a big scooter Burgman?? (ALARM Number 2)

Dismounts (ALARM Number 3 ) the back of the scooter and approaches the Burgman rider

No visible weapons and is abusive then reaches forward and steals the keys!

Burgman rider sits there and does fuck all !!

I'd have either been on my way @ Alarm 3 or have kicked the wee fucker in the stones and sat on him till the police arrived!

as an addendum! Hypothetically! If one was approached, when one was wearing ones bike chain ???

Under no circumstances would one swing it at a head!

To disable but not maim is the idea, so once the scrote is down you can leg it if his mate gets involved or sit on him till the plod arrive :thumb:

I'd be going for a lower leg or a thigh with force and the big square padlock out!! Anyone remember dead legs at school?

All to be done whilst watching one's "six" and covering ones own stones :aidan

Weaponised? Many of the feckers can't even be bothered to carry and then fit a simple disc lock. They will though moan like buggery and demand that something is done about it.

as an addendum! Hypothetically! If one was approached, when one was wearing ones bike chain ???

Under no circumstances would one swing it at a head!

To disable but not maim is the idea, so once the scrote is down you can leg it if his mate gets involved or sit on him till the plod arrive :thumb:

I'd be going for a lower leg or a thigh with force and the big square padlock out!! Anyone remember dead legs at school?

All to be done whilst watching one's "six" and covering ones own stones :aidan

Of course you didn't swing it at his head, the fact it caught him there as he moved slightly isn't your issue.

All perfectly legal. Just like a police baton strike to the top of the arm often misses ;)

My bike is mine, fully paid for and will be a keeper for the considerable future which is why I would be very protective over it. That said, life and family are important and nothing is worth them loosing you over an object.

Personally, I have over a decade in self defence so would feel very comfortable in dishing out an awful lot of pain to said scroats if the worst happened... this, of course, is after I have assessed the situation (acid involved etc).

Just remember, if YOU are attacked/assaulted it becomes 'self defence' to which you can use 'such force deemed necessary'.

My bike is mine, fully paid for and will be a keeper for the considerable future which is why I would be very protective over it. That said, life and family are important and nothing is worth them loosing you over an object.

Personally, I have over a decade in self defence so would feel very comfortable in dishing out an awful lot of pain to said scroats if the worst happened... this, of course, is after I have assessed the situation (acid involved etc).

Just remember, if YOU are attacked/assaulted it becomes 'self defence' to which you can use 'such force deemed necessary'.

Trouble is you have to make the scrotes wait whilst you go through the necessary stretching and warm ups ....

Trouble is you have to make the scrotes wait whilst you go through the necessary stretching and warm ups ....

:clap:clap:beerjug: Maybe a few quick lunges will stop them in their tracks :eek: followed by the Karate Kid 'crane stance' ;)

if YOU are attacked/assaulted it becomes 'self defence' to which you can use 'such force deemed necessary'.

Can you ? Really ? Even if it's not reasonable force ?m:nenau

Back
Top Bottom