Weaponised GSA

Armchair experts or fill your boots with this....

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/self_defence/

I am no expert in the law but I do know that once you have stopped the attacker from advancing on you, any further 'assault' on them becomes a grey area. I'm happy that I know they WILL want to stop at which point I will be calling plod to come pick them up.

I seem to recall a contributor to this forum who stated that he always carries a short length of specially selected stick in his pocket. I think he had an appropriately oriental sounding name for this tactical weapon, the deployment if which involved jabbing motions to vulnerable parts of the assailant. Maybe we should all bungee such a stick to our handlebars? I could supply them to anyone who wants one: £6.70 plus pp.
Alan R

Armchair experts or fill your boots with this....

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/self_defence/

Well said

Use of Force against Those Committing Crime

The public interest factors set out in the earlier section will be especially relevant where, as a matter of undisputed fact, the victim was at the material time, involved in the commission of a separate offence.

Common examples are burglary or theft from motor vehicles. In such cases, prosecutors should ensure that all the surrounding circumstances are taken into consideration in determining whether a prosecution is in the public interest.

Prosecutors should have particular regard to:nature of the offence being committed by the victim;
degree of excessiveness of the force used by the accused;
extent of the injuries, and the loss or damage, sustained by either or both parties to the incident;
whether the accused was making an honest albeit over zealous attempt to uphold the law rather than taking the law into his/her own hands for the purposes of revenge or retribution.

A friend of mine had a custom Bike that was so low, the sidestand had to be a lug with spring, mounted on the frame and the 18" 'leg' of the stand carried on his person - stuffed through his jacket belt. ;)
Honestly occifer. :augie

#1 rule of weaponising ( or going equipped) must surely be to not disclose it on a forum.

If by chance a situation were to occur and you reached for something that was incidental to your defence you surely must be In a better position than carrying a flick extendable socket wrench or weighted monopod.

I'd either be away because years of work experience have taught me to be situationally aware or if for whatever reason there wasn't an exit then the bike would go down on the floor with the key removed.
If they can get it out of my pocket - then they are welcome to it.
They will be warned that any injuries sustained by them are at their own risk so crack on.

As for those above moanin about retaliating, etc.
You are legally covered to make a pre-emptive strike if you fear that your or your families safety is under threat.
Just remember to stop before they die ;-)

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]My BiL riding a Tmax, was chased by a 2 lads on a scooter (reg plate happened to be missing) just a few nights ago. Londoners live with the reality of bike jacking.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Would I just hand my bike over, the hell I would.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]But, whatever action I'd take would be rapidly risk/harm/threat assessed before I did anything. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]I also wouldnt post my personal intent on here.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]For bikermates, options include[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Run away[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Chuck the keys away - you have time to search for them, the scrotes wont.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Riding straight at them[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Squirty thingy - paint spray would be a really great self defence aide. Acid perhaps not.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Keep a padlock on the end of an open chain in your tank bag [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Film them.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Quality observation. Dont try to remember everything, focus on one or two scrotes only and get the best description you can, especially anything individual such as a scar/ tattoo or visible rings etc.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Get off and be a Ninja if you think fit.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Or[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Hand it over with a smile and go and get another, whilst saving for the insurance hike.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display]
[/FONT]

You are legally covered to make a pre-emotive strike if you fear that your or your families safety is under threat.
Just remember to stop before they die ;-)

Exactly... thank you Hammy.:thumb2

Good thread and a remarkable lack of keyboard warrior's.
How I would react would depend on the situation.
If I see someone messing with my bike I will automatically charge at them and shout, there is no thought just instinct.
Last time I was naked and chasing the fuckers down the street.

A bike jacking is different though, weapons involved I would give it up, no weapons involved I would probably go down fighting (armoured gloves hurt)
Wife on the back give it up.

Fortunately no one has ever tried to take my bike from me, I find looking like I do most people leave me alone to do my own thing anyway.

Back
Top Bottom