Weaponised GSA

#1 rule of weaponising ( or going equipped) must surely be....

If by chance a situation were to occur and you reached for something that must be ... carrying a..... monopod.

I'll take Outtomunch along as a pillion, as he'll probably not fit in my pocket.

Good thread and a remarkable lack of keyboard warrior's.

Fortunately no one has ever tried to take my bike from me....

This is the 1200 WC section; they reserve all their energies for deciding on tyres to match their gloves.

Nor are they ever really likely to, unless you leave it unlocked and unattended in public car parks. Lots do.

How I would react would depend on the situation.
If I see someone messing with my bike I will automatically charge at them and shout, there is no thought just instinct.
Last time I was naked and chasing the fuckers down the street.

A bike jacking is different though, weapons involved I would give it up, no weapons involved I would probably go down fighting (armoured gloves hurt)
Wife on the back give it up.

Fortunately no one has ever tried to take my bike from me, I find looking like I do most people leave me alone to do my own thing anyway.

That's more like it!

Stay frosty....... :thumb

How I would react would depend on the situation.
If I see someone messing with my bike I will automatically charge at them and shout, there is no thought just instinct.

A bike jacking is different though, weapons involved I would give it up, no weapons involved I would probably go down fighting (armoured gloves hurt)
Wife on the back give it up.

Fortunately no one has ever tried to take my bike from me, I find looking like I do most people leave me alone to do my own thing anyway.

Or, if confronted by bike jackers, just take off all your clothes. That'll confuse them.:D

Blimey there is some drivel being posted on this thread. The simple facts are exactly that, simple. Until you are in a situation, unless you have trained for it ad-infinitum, then you have no idea how you will react when adrenaline kicks in and the red mist descends. Having a 'plan' could force you into making a miscalculated decision at a crucial time. I think I know how I would react but having been tested in the past in various scenarios I know it does not always go according to plan or pay to have one.

I just ride my bike defensively, looking out for ambush opportunities as I ride in and out of London daily, and put myself in positions that make it harder for the scrotes to pounce and get away.

I disagree, having a thought out plan could prevent you from making a miscalculated decision.

And it doesn't even have to be illegal.

It could be to have 999 speed dialed into your phone, or sat nav screen and connected to your bluetooth helmet for immediate connection. Saves time and is recorded, just blurt out descriptions of what you see. That can easily be done.

If attacked, you could scuttle your ship and puncture your own tyres (or rip the valves out as your priority) so they cant ride it away, or puncture their tyres? Just step back until they realise it isnt going anywhere and their escape plan is fading, along with some aggressive posturing.

There are some very clever people on here, I'm not looking to be within the law, I'm just looking not to be outside the law.

That bit in the middle.... whats technically available as a defence and what can you do with simple resources around you?

I'm amazed at the wholesale, step off and hand them the keys mentality on this thread.
No one is saying that you must be a hero, but there are a wide range of things that you can do involving things with no risk up to mega risk.

To capitulate without effort, is tantemount to you personally encouraging the next bikes theft.

How many high insurance threads are there on this bloomin site..

These thieves are happily researching and sat at home planning their theft strategies.

I think we need to be discussing and planning our anti-theft strategies... :thumby:

For evil to succeed all it takes is for good men to do nothing !

When mobile...

What evil can be done with cable ties to immobilise stuff? They're lightweight and quick to use?

Couple looped over your mirrors for storage, then yanked onto your front brake hard? when you come to a stop or if dismounted?

Just looking for clever idea's really to buy you time and maybe save your bike.

How I would react would depend on the situation. If I see someone messing with my bike I will automatically charge at them and shout....

there is no thought just instinct.

18 words! That's an awful lot to shout, mate and the first six might provoke some earnest and deep debate, which I am sure your local toe rags are not really equipped for.

I'd cut it down to: "Oi! You! Shit head!"

Four concise and clearly understood words.

"Allah akhbar" might well work well.... and bring a rapid police presence, too.

Farb Gel Red Dye Personal Self Defence Farbgel 100% UK Legal Emergency Spray + With Lanyard (Does NOT Contain Pepper)
Might be worth a punt from Amazon uk

If attacked, you could scuttle your ship and puncture your own tyres (or rip the valves out as your priority) so they cant ride it away

Ignoring the incredible amount of dross being knocked out in this thread, I have to say that this is actually a decent bit of thinking.

Ignoring the incredible amount of dross being knocked out in this thread, I have to say that this is actually a decent bit of thinking.

Thanks, but how could you do it quickly as a last stand measure?

Pointy stabby things are illegal, and it would need to be fast and effective.

Smash valves? Instant Air Loss?

Easy fix afterwards?

Anyone help on this?

I still need a good use for Industrial Cable Ties... They must be effective for something evil

I just ride my bike defensively, looking out for ambush opportunities as I ride in and out of London daily, and put myself in positions that make it harder for the scrotes to pounce and get away.
Seriously?

There's some properly paranoid people on here these days.

Back
Top Bottom