Noise from Left side sounds like a bag of bolts

script>

The right tool for the job sort of :)

When I get to putting the oil glass back in I shouldn't use any oil or whatever to help get new glass in
all I have to do is push the new one in evenly till it doesn't go any more ?
With the new oil view glass there came a ring of some sort but I think that is not needed on this bike.

Mmmmmmm, a lot of the photos are not showing on my iPad via Taptalk. This project repair would be nice as a document file for archiving.
Regarding Steptoe’s recommended procedure mentioned by him earlier, I cannot find it.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Mmmmmmm, a lot of the photos are not showing on my iPad via Taptalk. This project repair would be nice as a document file for archiving.
Regarding Steptoe’s recommended procedure mentioned by him earlier, I cannot find it.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

The ones you can't see I think that is Google+,
The last few photos I put up using Flickr can you see them ?

How's it going with this build? Looking forward to some update!

Well so far its a bit cold in the garage at the moment,
Was there in our garage on Saturday, we just got hold of a compressor so I was able to blow through the oil channels but I think Next week to get busy putting the two halfs back together,
we are already planning a trip on the bikes me and me mates so I better feckin hurry up.

Bike is looking a bit sad but not for long as I have ordered the parts I need to start putting it back together

script>

cleaned up the two halfs a bit more

script>

Got to do a bit this weekend even though it was colder in Garage than outdoors
script>

Started to add the plastic bits had to recheck which was left and right as both were different

script>

script>

Put the glass in the fridge freezer while I was cleaning up a bit

script>

script>

I hope this is ok , I think it will be

script>

About now I needed a bit of help but I was alone so I'll do the rest the next day I am there

script>

Milestone reached , got the two half's together

script>

While squeezing that tube I ended up with a load of the liquid sealant in my hand it burst out of end of tube.

script>

script>

script>

Managed to get a bit more done, now the oil pump is back where it should be

script>

script>

script>

script>

There is the rest of the bike on a beer crate looking all sad, but not for too long I hope :)

script>

Still waiting for the special BMW tools to help with putting clutch together again and seals,
So in the meantime I got busy with the right head head and tonight the left side I reckon.

script>

script>

script>

script>

script>

Back
Top Bottom