Asturias

Too true. The only improvement on that route would be to stay at the fantastic camping Lago de Somiedo :)

As well as the camp ground, where you have to take your kit into the field on wheelbarrows, there are traditional thatched huts used for cabins.

camping-del-lago.jpg

The walk into the mountains from the camping is fantastic!

vall-de-lago-1.jpg

And as for the roads ... thanks for bringing back memories - but I ride over the pass you have posted not able to see my hand in front of me as the clouds were so thick - in July FFS!

Regs

Simon

cantabria-first-view.jpg

Cheers Arsey took your route down from Luarca to Vilablino but cut across towards Leon back to Riano missing Somiedo .Stayed in this Hotel, Hostal Ventasierra south of the Dam on the N621 near Riano magic place and cheap as chips .Wonderful country.The Riano campsite was also very good .:beerjug:

Great area

Just had my 9th visit to the area :thumb2

Attachments

• 195FEECF-D27D-4A06-A4AE-7876B61D9FF9.jpg
    195FEECF-D27D-4A06-A4AE-7876B61D9FF9.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 500
Cheers Arsey took your route down from Luarca to Vilablino but cut across towards Leon back to Riano missing Somiedo .Stayed in this Hotel, Hostal Ventasierra south of the Dam on the N621 near Riano magic place and cheap as chips .Wonderful country.The Riano campsite was also very good .:beerjug:

Cheeky Fucker!!!:D

That's my writing on that paper and (arguably therefore - before Wapping steps in :rolleyes:) my route.

But you are, nonetheless, welcome. :thumb

Cheeky Fucker!!!:D

That's my writing on that paper and (arguably therefore - before Wapping steps in :rolleyes:) my route.

But you are, nonetheless, welcome. :thumb

Cheers Anyway we had a smashin ride stopped for Lunch and a stoat around Pola de Allandie cracking we town

Cheers Anyway we had a smashin ride stopped for Lunch and a stoat around Pola de Allandie cracking we town

Ignore the hijo de puta !!

Pleased you enjoyed it.

I'm off again tomorrow,this time heading by ferry to Portsmouth then meeting the lads on the Plymouth/Santander on Sunday.

Another week in Asturias/Picos/Portugal.Going green this time !

Ignore the hijo de puta !!

Pleased you enjoyed it.

I'm off again tomorrow,this time heading by ferry to Portsmouth then meeting the lads on the Plymouth/Santander on Sunday.

Another week in Asturias/Picos/Portugal.Going green this time !

Looking forward to this; make sure you have fresh rubber on Arsey; 1700 out of my rear and it was fucked; and you have 50 hp more pushing you along.:beerjug:

Im off on Monday night and will be in Bilbao on Wednesday lunchtime then a week in the Asturias. I shall keep an eye out for you Arsey.

Ride safe.

Just back. Cudillero was excellent, bar Casa Julio did a great fish dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just back. Cudillero was excellent, bar Casa Julio did a great fish dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Love Cudillero. We’ll be there one night for sure even if it’s just to go to El Ramon for some cider before dinner !

If you were in a group of 6 or 7 I think you may have passed us on the south side of the Paso Santa Gloria on the N621- we were 2 up on an 1190 adventure

Settled into our hotel in Las Arenas after a bumpy passage down to Bilbao. The ride from the ferry to the hotel made it all worth while. Looking forward to a bit of exploring tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom