Asturias

Good old BMW .

1032e0aab4b0bbf65813d5f17bfd4468.jpg

I was underwhelmed by the Parador in Fuente De - hotel is okay but the food is not what I would expect for the price, plus they don't give you any time between courses.

Tonight I am in Navia near the coast. Lots of nice looking mountains to explore tomorrow, to the south. Can't see the tops today due to low cloud. My hotel looks okay from the outside, pretty generic within but only 44 euros B&B.

That's the annexe from my balcony. Filled up with fuel at a station with a great view.

Attachments

• 2018-09-21 15.55.55.jpg
    2018-09-21 15.55.55.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 298
  • 2018-09-21 11.33.50.jpg
    2018-09-21 11.33.50.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 295
came across a group of English lads in potes today about lunchtime,was it your group or are you long gone from this area,hope your enjoying the nice weather so far

Dave

Riaño

Very pretty, and a couple of nic Cafés in town.

2cf79afc632e30d4faec46b50e655757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wessie - we stayed at the Parador last year for 3 nights and I agree it's not quite what you'd expect from a top rated place. Because there's little other choice up there they charge what they think they can get away with. I can say the hotel opposite does a fantastic gin and tonic....

Tonight in Navia I have settled in a side street bar, El Sotantillo and had a most excellent chicken stew. Plus several tapas with my bottle of Sidra (it's in a bottle but no label)

I was underwhelmed by the Parador in Fuente De - hotel is okay but the food is not what I would expect for the price, plus they don't give you any time between courses.

Tonight I am in Navia near the coast. Lots of nice looking mountains to explore tomorrow, to the south. Can't see the tops today due to low cloud. My hotel looks okay from the outside, pretty generic within but only 44 euros B&B.

That's the annexe from my balcony. Filled up with fuel at a station with a great view.

Hotel del Oso is a much better bet !

Getting to know Asturias and beyond very well now.
Think my favourite stretch of road this year has been the AS227 .
It runs over the Puerto de Somiedo but my favourite stretch is from Pola de Somiedo to Oviñana

1d13e4e573c4a3b6fc1fbc9b61f01164.png

Just perfect on the H2 SX

we have a consensus - I'm back in the hotel after doing this anticlockwise https://goo.gl/maps/oBZ7xr5aXYE2

The Samiedo valley has been my favourite road, especially the bit south of the Puerto that is in Castilla y Leon. The road runs through a wide valley bottom so you can see through the bends. North of the Puerto, the valley is tighter meaning you have to take caution due to cattle in the road.

Despite the signs, I saw no bears on the road.

The road from Navia to Navelgas (made me smile seeing that on the map) is a different type of awesome. You ride around the rim of a very deep canyon, drop down and ride around the rim on the other side. Surface is poor in places and there are no rails on the side in much of it, so may not suit some anxious types.

It got to 29C today so ended up riding the last 50 miles with no jacket on. I didn't die.

Back
Top Bottom