Best battery for GSA ??

Gone for the Mottobatt replacement for the GSA in the end thanks for all the advice
Came with two plastic base plates removed one so its a little lower than original in the battery compartment.
Said on the box that it was good to go but I put it on charge for the day before fitting to the bike.
Fired up nice and strong on first push of the button.
If it stops raining here in the lakes I'll be out for a ride!!

Next project is wiring in the sat nav and a charge point for phone
Was thinking of wiring some thing into the top box or a USB port on the handle bars

Ideas ???

Wire the Sat nav to the socket located under the clocks and get yourself a USB socket that can be connected directly to the battery. You'll need to fit a switch for it inline (somewhere accessible) so that you can turn off the USB socket when not in use otherwise it'll flatten that new battery of yours.

Wire the Sat nav to the socket located under the clocks and get yourself a USB socket that can be connected directly to the battery. You'll need to fit a switch for it inline (somewhere accessible) so that you can turn off the USB socket when not in use otherwise it'll flatten that new battery of yours.
Had a look for this bmw sat nav plug in socket connection that is some where under the clocks. I can't find the flipping thing why make something so difficult to find ?!!.
Thinking of fitting a seperate fuse board under the seat. Have this fitted with a toggle switched fitted next to the aux socket so cam turn off complet lot at once have two heated vests/sat nav/phone charger/
Trying to stay away from the canbus systerm all together if I can

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Had a look for this bmw sat nav plug in socket connection that is some where under the clocks. I can't find the flipping thing why make something so difficult to find ?!!.
Thinking of fitting a seperate fuse board under the seat. Have this fitted with a toggle switched fitted next to the aux socket so cam turn off complet lot at once have two heated vests/sat nav/phone charger/
Trying to stay away from the canbus systerm all together if I can

It's cable tied out of the way.
Why 'stay away from the canbus system'? The bike is run on canbus and the satnav connector works well and stops you flattening your battery.

30 seconds with Google:

Attachments

• gps_aux_connector_electrical_diagram2.jpg
    gps_aux_connector_electrical_diagram2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 974
  • r1200GS_2008_gps_power.jpg
    r1200GS_2008_gps_power.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 488
It's cable tied out of the way.
Why 'stay away from the canbus system'? The bike is run on canbus and the satnav connector works well and stops you flattening your battery.

30 seconds with Google:
Found this one on the left side looking down from the top is this it ?
I'll need the official connection also for it then .
d6e24643f6ccde7282f4d74fe58b1dcc.jpg
6273d21b19dbc944b7426c3fd0a2fcb2.jpg

The sat nav connector is great for what it offers.
Snags - opposite connector is expensive. But lower cost industry standard M/F connectors can be used.
Output is limited to 5 Amps. More than adequate for sat nav, USB socket, voltmeter, etc.
If you need more power use it to drive a relay fuse box.

Back
Top Bottom