Toque setting for engine/frame bolt.

CPJS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just fitted Touratech engine bars. Because I am simple I cannot see from their instruction which torque value is for the engine/frame bolt.
Is there a grown up out there who can help me.

They are 55Nm with Loctite 243 applied. The engine guards to block and upper frame are 19Nm in case you need those as well.

Many thanks, when I took the bolts out they came out quite easily, there wasn't any sign of locktite. This is on a new this year bike.

Although mine is a 2017 EU4 model GSA I can not see them being different. I think the factory use micro encapsulated bolts for this application and that may not leave a residue when they are removed. I have seen the same on brake disc bolts when removed but I know they are definitely single use bolts. Either way I have used thread lock on mine because IMHO on that bolt it's better to use it and not require it than not use it and require it.

I have torqued them up as you suggested and checked the other two, on the nearside it took another 1/4 to 1/3 turn before the untouched one 'clicked' and the offside was ok. I think I will go round the bike and check all the bolts.
The 4 bolts that hold the topbox rack down have a habit of coming undone (did on my pevious GS as well) when the topbox is used.

Back
Top Bottom