Euro 3 bollox

Buckingham

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not likely I'm ever gonna ride my 2001 R1150GS into London, but I've just looked up on the T-charge checker & it says
my bike is exempt. I'm happy with that & not complaining, but surprised !

However, I though euro 3 for bikes started from 2005, so how come my bike is exempt if bikes need to be euro 3 or newer ?

Not likely I'm ever gonna ride my 2001 R1150GS into London, but I've just looked up on the T-charge checker & it says

However, I though euro 3 for bikes started from 2005, so how come my bike is exempt if bikes need to be euro 3 or newer ?
Unlike you, chances are high I'll be entering the centre of London and just like you I'm aware of this detail. But I've also read they're going to start enforcing it. No clear deadline (so it might just be talk) but in the next 18-24 months had been mooted... Maybe others on her know more.

I've spent most of my teenage life onwards either cycling past or motorcycling past lines of cars. I've just never understood why bikes haven't caught on. They've been a part of the solution forever, but apart from some access to bus lanes, bikes have been treated with total disregard as far as I'm concerned.

It's a confusing situation. I've been part of the "Ride London" team protesting against all the TFL anti-bike legislation but it's hard getting the message across as TFL aren't publicising it, in the hope that once it's "in" it's harder to do anything about it..

Quick explanation.
The new emission charge that's coming in next month was going to include any pre 2008 bikes of any size cc. So you'd be paying the same as a van ! .

We've had meetings with TFL and parliament transport lobby and now TFL are putting the bike charge back for another year/18 months.
This new emission charge will cost £12.50 a day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unlike the current congestion charge which is from 7am until 6pm monday-friday.
TFL are also going to extend the zone from the current congestion zone to include anywhere inside the north and south circular road. This is planned for 2019/20.

Cars will start paying this emission zone charge from next month.

Watch the shite hit the fan when people start getting billed .

Bikes still only have to comply with the old regs. TFL have put bikes back for a year/18 months. bikes

Back
Top Bottom